DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an intermittent P0432 code which is Main Catalyst Below Threshold (Bank 2). I reset the system and the code stays off for about 3 weeks then returns.

So what do I do to fix this?

Mike

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace just the two on the bank 2 side or all four?

By the way if anyone needs a great web site for purchasing parts go to rockauto dot com

I've purchased parts from rock auto and have been very satisfied.

· Registered
179 Posts
I just went and made sure and it's a 50-50 chance it's the O2 sensor or the cat itself. To make sure disconnect the O2 sensor and see if you get a different code, if you do then it is the cat.

· Registered
179 Posts
It's not that bad when a cat goes out. You have two options for the cat. If your state doesn't have emissions you can ignore it and leave it alone but it might put a damper on your fuel. Or you can buy a new one and have it installed or you can install it your self with a few simple hand tools.

I would try the O2 sensor test by disconnecting the wire harness from it and see what code you get if any. a handful of people have been lucky and just had to replace a O2 sensor or two. a cat for our cars run anywhere from 60 to a few hundred. Heck you might even be able to get a used cat from a junkyard for 30 to 60 bucks. It's hard for a cat to go out but it happens. Most of the time it's carbon blocking the screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.