Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, I need some help!

I was driving along truck running great slowed to merge onto another road and tried to accelerate and truck started stumbling like it had a dead cylinder or two and when I finally slowed to a stop I had to keep the rpms up or it would die. I pulled codes on it and get P0300(random misfiring) and P0172(System Rich Bank 1) I pulled all plugs and replaced checks wires, just replaced those not too long ago. The truck is hard to start, stumbles to stay running and I have to work the gas to keep it going. I can feel misfiring as I drive through the ranges but I am not too sure it if it is indicative of missing on just one cylinder... just sounds like it is stumbling.

I did get a P0201(#1 Injector Malfunctoin) code once but hasn't happened again(I have run tests on all day and last night, it showed it happened at 243rpm so I was guessing my reader just caught that as it was dying trying to keep running.

Live Data Reading #05 Driving Down Road:

Fuel Sys 1 CL
Calc LOAD(%) 31.3
ECT(F) 194
STFT B1(%) -3.1
LTFT B1(%) -25.7
MAP(inHg) 25.6
Eng RPM 2325
Veh Speed(mph) 44
Spark Adv(o) 19
IAT(F) 57
TPS(%) 29.0
02S B1 S1(V) 0.800
STFT B1 S1(%) -9.3
02S B1 S2(V) 0.685
STFT B1 S2(%) NA
ODBSuP ODB2
MIL Dis(mile) 0

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks,

Eric

2003 Hemi 5.7L

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add more to this, I just unplugged the MAP Sensor and the truck runs better than when the MAP is plugged in. It will actually idle, although rough it will idle, on its own in park. When plugged in it is twice as bad and won't idle on its own.

·
Registered
92 Posts
pull valvaecovers check for broken springs, get that out of way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really hope that isn't the problem, that engine compartment is a shoe box. I already had to change out the LSD for a Detroit TruTrac Gear set because of the clip problem and I hate to think I have one of these trucks that is going to have all the major defects. if this is the problem, should I replace all the springs now or just wait till they go bad one at a time? Is this difficult to fix on my own or should I leave it to a stealer... I mean dealer? :) I have been an aircraft mech for years, did the rearend myself and have worked on all my own cars for years but don't want to get into something that requires tools I can't get or requires special training I don't have.

I forgot but when I pulled the codes at first I got P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0113... this was right after problem started but hasn't repeated since. Also, if a certain cylinder was bad wouldn't it stumble or misfire in rythm... it seems to be some what random and wouldn't it backfire out the exhaust or the intake? I am not questioning your judgement just giving you the full details of what I have seen.

Thanks for your input!

Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 2ram, that is exactly what it was #6 exhaust valve dropped. The guide seems a little wobbly and broke the valve. I am just hoping I can get it fixed without having to replace the whole engine. I actually ran it to take it into the garage and just as I shut it off I heard the valve noise, I only ran it a total of about 3 seconds... it was shutting off when I first heard the noise.

Thanks again,

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.