DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My overhead console has a sunglass holder in it and the tab broke off the door yesterday. Do I have to replace the whole trim piece or just the door it self? About how much do you guys think it will cost?

·
Registered
890 Posts
When you find a price, let us know. I think that sunglass holder thing was only on the '02 models. I would like one.

·
Registered
890 Posts
When you find a price, let us know. I think that sunglass holder thing was only on the '02 models. I would like one for a little project I have in mind.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I have never seen anyone getting just a replacement door for the overhead console. But I have heard of a fair amount of them breaking the door. Perhaps that the reason they discontiniued it on the later models. I had an 02 regcab with the sunglass holder and I liked it. I really liked the instant mpg screen they used to offer on the overhead, which is now gone.

KB

·
Registered
93 Posts
Haha, probably removed the MPG thing because they didn't want their truck owners knowing how much gas guzzling was going on =P

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Oh trust me I know it, when you floored it from a dead stop the overhead would read like 3.2 mpg. lol

KB

·
Registered
764 Posts
I had mine replaced for the same thing. You could buy just the new glass holder. It pops right out.

·
Registered
890 Posts
02GraphiteRam, if you get a new one, let me know. I don't need the door for the project I'm doing.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come to find out that you can't just order the holder, you have to order the whold trim piece. It cost over $90.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That sounds like bull to me. When the dealer replaced mine they left the old holder with the broken clip on the seat when I picked it up.

Strange!

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I've got one laying around, make offer. from 32626

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Already installed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status