DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have big problems, it seems like the o.h. console(from ebay) is possesed. First, if you push the left map light the right comes on, then the cargo lamp( in bed) will not work, but both map lights turn on brightly when cargo light switch is turned on. The display does not show anything when ignition is on just BLANK. THe ohc came with a wiring harness that plugs into the drivers pillar nicely, but none of the wires match colors at all. I have 12 wires with the ohc harness and my truck has 9 wires in its A pillar harness plug( no matching colors). The harness and console is supposely out of a 04 QC 4.7L and I have a 2003 4.7L qc ST truck. I need help switching these wires in the plug (if the right ones are there). Maybe it doesn't work because the trucks harness has three wires missing from the plug? Any help will greatly be appriciated.:dunno:

Is there a fuse or relay that is missing?

·
Registered
603 Posts
ya think someone out there could help

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm assuming you've used the How To stickie on this. Somewhere in there, someone pointed out that some wires in the 2003 are different. I think, but not too sure, one of the guys has a diagram of what wire goes where.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sounds like a wiring problem for sure. You'll need to identify each wire in the harness that came with the console, then switch them around.

There are major wiring differences between 03/04. You can get the manuals and wiring diagrams at www.hemitruckclub.com on the top left someplace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are great! I'm going to do the research. I found the ground, battery and dome so far, the rest of the wires I going to try to match up with one of the diagrams you guys referred me to. Can you remember what to type for the seach key word on the 03,04 wire to wire diagram? Thanks a million. -Eric:D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You are going to want to got the wiring section, number 8 I think.

Once there, there is a little pair of binoculars on the upper left of the adobe application. click it. It is the search gizmo.

Yeah, you'll need adobe/acrobat reader. These are pdf files.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another successful OHC install story. Pics on the way soon. Everything works fine. Had to do some splicing and changing wire harness wires in the plug. Thanks everybody.:rck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.