DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys at Billet Technology are making a run of overdrive alternator pullies for us. These will help with your battery voltage at idle if you have a ton of electronics, low idle from a big cam, or an underdrive crank pulley.

These will be $29.99 + shipping.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Scott...how soon will these be available? The guys that try out that PPP underdrive damper pulley might be interested in this.

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
The pulley needs to be smaller so the alternator spins faster. The smaller the pulley the faster it will spin the bigger the pulley the slower it will spin.

PH

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
No,, I think Jerry wants a bigger alt pulley. He has the Overdrive damper pulley for the blower.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I gotcha Denny. I can get those made too, will check on price.

This first run of pullies are smaller ones that speed up the alternator, just like that guy was making in his shop before he sold his hemi truck.

I will check on Monday but I think they started machining them on Friday so we should have them very soon.

There will be 20 units in the first run.

·
Registered
641 Posts
AndyK1 said:
what kinda gains we lookin at with these?
Performance wise none by itself. It would allow you to use an underdrive pulley though and maintain your charging system for those with accessories.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
That is a great price for these. I paid more than that for the one I have and I bet it will not be as nice as these.

Bill

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,379 Posts
ya let us know :cool:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Beast2 said:
I gotcha Denny. I can get those made too, will check on price.

This first run of pullies are smaller ones that speed up the alternator, just like that guy was making in his shop before he sold his hemi truck.

I will check on Monday but I think they started machining them on Friday so we should have them very soon.

There will be 20 units in the first run.
You mean something like these?

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
5 minute swap.You just need a pair of channel locks or similar with and something to put on the pulley so you don't ruin it , and a thin wall socket .

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
383HEMI said:
The pulley needs to be smaller so the alternator spins faster. The smaller the pulley the faster it will spin the bigger the pulley the slower it will spin.

PH
X2! That is underdrive that you show!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.