DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well did i just get some bullsh*t news. Come to find out the stock 20's are a steel wheel with a plastic covering :VHOT:

Dont believe me feel behind the spoke and you can feel the seam. Still spectical, get under the truck and look, you can see the seam.

I will never look at these wheels the same. :mad:

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Thats the way they have always been. It's a cheap imitation but very easy to keep looking new.

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really i never noticed it before. its kinds tacky now that i know they are plastic.

Oh well now i will just have to save my money to buy a nice pair of foose, those aren't plastic

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
nickd907 said:
really i never noticed it before. its kinds tacky now that i know they are plastic.

Oh well now i will just have to save my money to buy a nice pair of foose, those aren't plastic

You'll be saving for awhile... :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
the 06's have 2 options...the chrome are plastic covers...but the aluminum 20's are no plastic cover...

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no kidding...........what is a decent price for fooses anyway.......1800 to 2000 grand a set?

·
Registered
133 Posts
not trying to be funny, but most know that...of course the polished ones's (the early twentys are a true rim) the clad ones of course are not, but all in all it's not very noticible and most people who dont have dodge's dont know, i got the 04 polished twentys and a set of the new 06's and for price i got the 06's off ebay...it dont bother me none that they are "clads", i think they look quite sweet....u got to hand it to dodge, even though some may not be true rims, they are for sure better then what the other companys are putting on their trucks (my opinion) bottom line find the bright side and good luck getting foose's

·
Registered
115 Posts
The stock 20's are NOT a steel wheel with a cover.They are a cast aluminum wheel with the Chrome Clad piece added after.The polished 20's are a polished version of the cast aluminum 20.

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so is the clad basically turn a polished wheel into a crome wheel?

·
Registered
133 Posts
^^^^mmmm, i did not know that(u sure?), and i thought the 06's (not the chrome clad ones) were painted and not aluminum as mentioned above, i guess i learned something and thanks, does anyone know if the 06's clad ones are actually aluminum too with the clad on front?....again though it dont matter too much to me, i like all sets of dodge twentys....so much in fact i recently obtained the srt's 22's too....

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
from my understanding, the chrome 06 20's are clad with chrome plastic cover...just my understanding from the sales guys...I have the aluminum 20's, so I aint worried about it...

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
nickd907 said:
so is the clad basically turn a polished wheel into a crome wheel?
No, its a bare aluminum, unpolished wheel. It just has a chrome cover glued on essentially.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
section8ff said:
from my understanding, the chrome 06 20's are clad with chrome plastic cover...just my understanding from the sales guys...I have the aluminum 20's, so I aint worried about it...
Yeah, you are correct. The 20s are a silver painted argent or Chrome clad. Unless you have the nightrunners, I assume they are also clad?

KB

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
KB112 said:
Yeah, you are correct. The 20s are a silver painted argent or Chrome clad. Unless you have the nightrunners, I assume they are also clad?

KB
I went with the aluminum...look better IMO...and not a 1000 dollar option...

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i guess i shouldnt be upset at all they dont look bad at all, i was just worried that they were covered steel wheels.

Man i cant believe i did that, i over reacted worse then my mom.........damn

thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
no worries...we all have our moments

·
Registered
30 Posts
they do make the 20's in a polished aluminum wheel. but it will cost you more then the good old chrome plastic covered steel wheels

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
well you have to admit when you shine them up they do look good!!!

Attachments

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Yup definitely aluminum rims with plastic chrome cladding, Here is the kicker....had one scratched by the dealer and they had to replace the rim because they can't be repaired......I have another one that will be replaced when my truck goes in the body shop next week to have some damage repaired from some stupid kids throwing some rocks off an overpass. That damage to the rim was caused by a stretcher hitting it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.