Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rear-ended this morning on the way to work. :VHOT:

Cops, ambulance showed up per my 911 call. Guy (OR(egon) Driver) failed to see that traffic was NOT moving ahead of me (or something). The impact was pretty forceful, I was thrown back into my high back bucket seat pretty hard. I did hit, but barely tapped the women ahead of me. My back became a little sore about an hour later, ended up using a heating pad and resting the rest of the day.

The D went immediately to the body shop, $625 estimate for bumper replacement, once full inspection is done could be more.

In the almost 13 years I've lived in WA, this is my 1st accident and HOPEFULLY my last.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
sorry to hear that.

·
JAFO
191 Posts
Well that stinks( for lack of a much more colorful word!) Anyway, hope you are doing better, and get that back checked out!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, Jewel! If there's anything I can do, I'm just a stone's throw away...

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Just a bumper replacement?

·
Reiddizzle
281 Posts
on the bright side you can get a new bumper with a tire carrier i wish i was rear ended but not really if u know what i mean.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
wow, I am suprised that all you need is a bumper based on your description.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone!!!

I was on my side of the tracks Warren, otherwise you might have heard me YELLIN' LOL

I feel fine...(sad about the D). I think she'll be fine.

I did read the "fine" print on the estimate, the other guys insurance only wants to pay for NON-OEM parts...BULL...

I'll be takin' it to the dealer body shop if they want to pull that C* * *P.

Anyway, those are preliminary checks, nothing's been taken apart yet. Gotta' wait for room in the shop.

I'm pickin' up the GenII wiper mod. tomorrow, we'll see what my Service Advisor says.

Thanks again! I'll keep you posted. :)

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Hey now, NON-OEM parts includes the Shelby rear bumper! Think about that one...

;)

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
or even a kennesaw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd get more than just the bodywork done. I got dinged pretty good by one of those goofy Japanese compact crackerbox SUV's at a stoplight. There was nothing apparently wrong with my D, the Ricer needed a new bumper and grill (those trailer hitches are good for more than just towing). I blew it off and didn't bother with any insurance, never even contacted them. A few weeks later my transmission started acting up and eventually I got a rebuild. May or may not have been the cause but it would have been nice for someone else to pay for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You might be right Chimi...I'll talk to the dealer tomorrow. It wouldn't hurt to have them take a loot at it. I did have the brakes applied when I was hit, who knows what could have happened.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Hey Jewel, I know that was a typo, but GEEZ is it true!! LMAO!

"...dealer...have them take a loot at it..."

They've sure taken some loot from my D!

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
go with the shelby...... now is a perfect time to upgrade. glad to hear your ok.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took my D to the Dealership Body Shop a little higher estimate, but they use OEM parts.

So if I'm going to be choosing a Shelby Bumper I need to know what one looks like...pics. please.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts

This is DJEuro's:

Now, perhaps this is why we haven't seen too much of him around here:

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear about your D! Glad to hear that you're ok. I just got mine back on the 22nd from the body shop....Good Luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
D goin' to Body Shop soon!

Yep...Insurance Adjuster came by work today, took some pics. faxed Body Shop the Ok to repair, replace hitch cover AND bufff out front bumper(?) I barely tapped the women ahead of me, I didn't even feel it.
I'm gonna' detail her this weekend, she's a little dirty from my trip to Maupin on Sunday...long drive.

That's the update I'll try and get some pics. too, I need to put one in my signature.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gotta watch out for those Oregon drivers. Thats how I got here. I had a 2004 Grand Am that was totaled when a guy driving a 2000 Dakota 4D pulled across the road I was going down and I could not stop in time to avoid the impact. Traffic was pretty heavy at the time and I guess he was just getting impatient, thought he saw a clear spot and pulled out right in front of me. Still working out who was at fault (?) seems cut and dry to me, but my car was paid for by my insurance and I bought a 2000 Durango SLT 4X4. So so far I have come out ahead, still sore from the accident and will be calling his insurance monday to fight for my medical. For the record, the street speed limit was 30 mph, officers said I was going about 25 mph at the time I braked. Gotta love the Dakota's toughness, just got a couple of dents around the wheelwell and a broken axle. cruzerjd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.