DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first became a member it seemed like there was a lot more people that were really into the Dodge trucks. It seemed to be a loyalty that the people had and were buying the Dodge trucks because they thought that the Dodge truck was the best hands down. It seems like we get some buyers because of the hype of the Hemi and then get rid of them for some reason and buy something else. I worked for Chrysler and then DaimlerChrysler for over 37 years and I am loyal to the Dodge trucks because I think that they are the best looking and best truck out. I will keep my present truck for as long as I can because I don't like the MDS. Plus I am retired and don't put that many miles on the truck in a year anyway. I am a proud member of DT and I know that there are a lot of others out there too. My intention is not to offend anyone so please don't take any of this wrong. I am just stating my opinion is all. I would also like to say thanks to all the service men and women on this site and every where else and God Bless you all. As the title says Online resource for Dodge enthusiasts!

·
Buy American
509 Posts
:gr_patrio
AMEN!!
:drivingz:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well my Dad has been Ford faithful for the longest time. Mostly due to the local dealership, they treat him right and know him on a first name basis when he walks in. But he did start buying some Chrysler vehicles a few years back. First a loaded Concorde, then A PT for my Mom that she loved. But now she zips around in a little 350Z convertible while my Dad is driving his lifted 05 Ford.

I liked the 2nd Gen Rams a lot. When the 3rd Gen came out I was loving the looks. But I was actually dead set on a GMC. I had always liked their styling and lots of my friends had Chevy/GM trucks. Long story short, GM dealer screwed with me. My neighbor down the street was finance manager for a large Dodge dealership and told me to come on down. Got my 02 regular cab 4.7L for a steal. I loved that truck, when it was time to upgrade there was no other choice than a Hemi QuadCab. :)

My in-laws have stuck with Mopar the last few years as well. Mother in law a PT, then traded for a Magnum. My father in law had his Dakota and then his current ride an SRT-4. :) My other Brother drives an SRT-4 as well, plus my older sister and her hubby have a 2500 Hemi. My younger brother wishes he could get out of his Tahoe for a Hemi QC badly. But he is too upside down on his loan.

My long story is not so short huh. :) I don't know if I am necessarily brand loyal. But I am and have been a big fan of Dodge trucks for a long time. I don't see myself getting rid of this one anytime soon. When it's time for a new truck its likely to be another Ram. :rck:

KB

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
My great grandfather retired from Chrysler. My grandfather retired from Chrysler. My dad retired from Chrysler. My father-in-law retired from Chrysler. I retired from Chrysler. Anybody see a pattern here? :) My wife retired from GM but we only bought one new GM (91 Tracker) in the 30 plus new cars and trucks we have bought over the years. I cannot see myself driving anything else.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
My Grandfather worked for MoPar Division in Missouri and in Houston at a regional distribution center. Later he worked for a dealership as a parts manager, AC Burton Chrysler-Plymouth in Houston. (http://www.houstondeco.org/1920s/burton.html) He finally retired from another C-P dealership in the 1970's. My dad also worked in the shop at AC Burton during high school but went on to better things after college. ;)

I now work for one of the oldest family owned dealerships in Houston, Archer Chrysler-Jeep and Archer Dodge.

It's a family thing. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.