DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone remotely near the abingdon, maryland area. Maybe delaware, penn, virginia, somewhere that could put this in for me. i mean i dont have the necessary tools and i can turn the wrenches just have no idea what i am doing even with the walkthroughs on here!!!!!

please help

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Jump in your ride and drive down to Texas, we'll fix you up!!!

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i actually might be coming down there either this winter or next summer to meet a friends family and i thought y not drive and meet the guys from DT!!

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean ill even through the person some money for taking the time out of their schedule to do it i just want to try and get it in before christmas.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I have no problem doing a cam again.....

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it would take me a day to get there if i drove no stop, maybe i can head down during my christmas break from college or something, and good recomends on hotels near u?? that are cheap i am a college student

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
If you're serious I'm sure we could find some inexpensive hotel for you. I'll be in New Mexico from Dec 23-30 visiting my Mom, but I'm more then willing to do another cam if you can fit it in my schedule.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i think im going to get ramkid to put it it in cause he is about 11 hours closer to me, but thanks alot sawcut , but if that doesnt work ill becoming to good ole texas but not with the 6.1! the 260

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Off topic but what are you guys using to lube those cams when you install them?

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks its more like telling thanks to ramkid cause im driving out to him to get it done, unless someone can do it closer to maryland!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I may be doing mine in the next month or so. If it goes well I may do another

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
Me too,

I'm in Virginia Beach. I'll be doing a cam swap on my truck as soon as it comes in. I've done some work on a couple of rams and Dakota R/Ts right out of my garage. Did an Hemi engine swap and tranny swap. So I do have some experience with the 3rd gen rams. Also have done all of my suspension work so send me a PM whenever your ready to do the swap. I'll be more than happy to help :cool: We might even be able to work out a deal for those pretty black 22's your selling :D

PH

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats kool platinum hemi thanks to all the guys that are willing to help me out, platinumhemi ill pm you when i get the cam in a week or two and see what time in dec/jan i could drive down to you cause ur only about 4 hours away!! once again thanks alot guys

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
spedly said:
Off topic but what are you guys using to lube those cams when you install them?
Engine assembly lube, you can pick it up at any auto store.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
yea i think im going to get ramkid to put it it in cause he is about 11 hours closer to me, but thanks alot sawcut , but if that doesnt work ill becoming to good ole texas but not with the 6.1! the 260
No problem man, just as long as you git-r-done.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea just have to find some damn springs ahhhh, i wish i had the cash for the manley stuff!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
sawcut64 said:
Engine assembly lube, you can pick it up at any auto store.
I didn't know if it would be a good idea to pickup the gm stuff or not. I guess I'll just use the regular old stuff.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
spedly said:
I didn't know if it would be a good idea to pickup the gm stuff or not. I guess I'll just use the regular old stuff.
Get that cam in already so we can go over to cecil and see what she runs. Ill have my TC in either next week or the week after. Then im off to the track!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.