DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ordering my header bolts today and I wanna make sure I get the right ones from summit racing. Can someone give me the right part number please?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stage 8 part number 8916. Summit number STG-8916

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
azhemion22s said:
Just curious about your sig. How did you fit 4.88's in a 9.25" differential? I thought the largest we could go was 4.56's.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
azhemion22s said:
Got any pics of your truck??

·
Registered
193 Posts
4.56's used to be the lowest gears for a Chrysler/Dodge 9.25" but last year Yukon released 4.88's. It never was an issue of them fitting it was just that nobody made anything beyond 4.56. One word of advice though, is to use a cross pin modified for 4.56 and 4.88 gears. Precision Gear makes one and it is well worth the money not to have to grind on the ring gear or the factory crosspin. As for pictures, I need to get on that project as well. I've been meaning to get some posted but I've never been much of a photographer. Once I take some, trying to get them loaded so that everybody can see them might be a challenge in itself.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
4.88's would be awesome, but I'd have to guess they do little (if not hurt) top end performance. Have you noticed that? Also, does Precision Gear make the 4.88 for the 8.25" diff (for us 4x4 guys)?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not sure on the front axle since I can't find my gear catalogs right now (wife cleaned my office - everything's lost). As for top end performance, I've gone from 3.55 to 4.10 to 4.56 to the 4.88's. I never have had my truck over 110 and there was plenty more rpms left in it. I just like the way the 4.88's get it into the powerband faster. I actually never saw a decrease in MPG from the 3.55 to the 4.56. Maybe now with the 4.88's about .25 MPG lower than the 3.55-4.56's. With your taller (heavier) tires the 4.88's would be great. If I can find my gear catalogs, I'll check on the front axle application.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it. Now, I'll have to change my wish list to "4.88 Precision gears" LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't change that wish list just yet. I think you'll have to leave off "Precision" because I think that "Yukon" is the only one making the 4.88's for the 9.25 rear at this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.