DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I've saved up for a while now, and am about to order my exhaust. :cool: I just want to be sure this is the one I want. Is that the right part number (15910) for my truck, and how's that price look, 615 shipped sounds good to me.
http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/R4MFL789.1.html

Thanks for any input

Oh, and its for my 2001 Ram 2500 diesel

EDIT: Or how bout the Banks setup. Seems to be the same to me, price and setup. I see that Banks does offer several other products though, like power elbow and exhaust brakes. Maybe I should go with Banks instead, oh the choices. :IDEA: http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=617

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I'd just buy the damn muffler and a stainless tip, probably $150-200. JMO

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I had originally planned, but everone here told me that upgrading to 4" stainless plumbing would cool much faster and releave more pressure from the turbo then just swapping mufflers. I was actually thinking about just taking off the muffler and making it straight, but was encouraged just to buy the hole setup.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
You could be right, I know nothing about diesel.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No input huh, all well. I bought the Banks setup for 630something. It'll be here in a few days, I'm so excited. :greenchai

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, few days my ass. It finally came today. Took long enough, but I'm happy, can't wait to get it on. I'll be sure to report back in once its on. :smokin:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Throw the muffy away. It isn't needed and it really isn't any louder without it. I got 4" with the powerelbow ran into a crossover box with 5" stacks on mine. I got no muffy and it isn't loud less you twist it to about 2800 and then it really bellers. Sounds awsome tho.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got it on. I did try it without the muffler for a day, and it was a bit too loud for me. City streets at midnight with straight pipes attrachs cops, haha. Even with the muffler, it still sounds great though. It took a few days to break in, but its deffinatly a throaty sound.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting that power elbow, but I guess its too late now. Is it really worth the extra 200 bucks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.