DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks is there anyone on the boards that works with a dealer?

I want to order a 3500, 2007 Electric Blue Mega cab and I'm told by my CDN dealer that they are not able to place an order with that colour.

Is that also true in the states?

I've seen a 3500 QC up here on a lot in the blue.

Anyone?

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
they should be able to order it for you since it is the new blue for the 2007 i will get ya a pic in a minute, their are a couple of dealers on this site they should get back to ya quick

its a bright blue not too bad in my opinion

Attachments

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Damn I like that color!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Screams Toyota FJ Cruiser.
I'll pass.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both the CDN and the US website say that a 3500 Laramie Mega cab is available.

I've seen the colour on a QC and it looks stunning. I'm tired of all the pastel / dark colours when it comes to trucks. (except flame red and Inferno red) I think its a GREAT colour, if only I could GET it.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
if you can buy it in the states and have it registered in canada, any dealer should be about to order it, does the dealer you went to have a huge stock of 2500/3500's sitting!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have a fairly large inventory of 2007's but they seem to sell them pretty quick. They DO have a 2007 Inferno Red all dressed up the way I want it (leveled, big tires on stock rims, chrome steps, etc.) but once I saw the blue on the QC.......

Apparantly they checked the system and they are not provided the option to enter an order for that colour. Not in the Mega cab Laramie model. Seems strange to me to be sure.

I don't mind buying in the States - although the warranty is not respected in Canada. I would have to drive accross the line for warranty work.

I actually sent an email to Blake Thurgood who seems to sell a lot out of his dealership in Utah and asked if he could get one and make some modifications for me so I can just drive it home. Hes going to look into it.

IF I get the truck built the way I want, I'll post some pics. Gonna be nice. The blue colour with a 4/2 lift (maybe 5/3), SRT hood, Bush wacker flares, Westin grill guard, 20" chromies and 37" tires, chrome trim and steps etc. But when its in the driveway THAT'S when I have it.

:)

Then I can go to BD Performance who are about 10 miles away and get them to install an exhaust, CAI and their entry level tuning. If the tranny blows up I can take it to them for an upgrade. And ironically this would all be for the wifes daily driver. I must be insane but she really wants a lifted diesel.

:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
rsktkr said:
Screams Toyota FJ Cruiser.
I'll pass.
I think it's an awesome color. They offer it in the Silverado SS, and it looks amazing in person. The biggest difference I've seen between the FJ Cruiser and the SS is that the SS has a metallic look to it. It adds a ton more depth than the FJ blue.

I have not seen a Ram with this color in person. If you are right, and it is the FJ blue, I'd pass as well. But if it looks like the SS paint, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
It is very costly to import a new vehicle from the states. You need to have the speedo head changed, emissions tested and probably changed and a few other things. Then you have to pay duty and all the taxes.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not quite that bad. You do not have to change the speedo (you do when exporting TO the States). There are are no duties just GST and PST. Its about $350 in extra costs. Paperwork at the border and the need to get "inspections" done at Canadaian Tire.

I sold my 2000 Durango into Seattle and spent a LOONNNG time looking at importing my Caddy. (Ended up buy on in Dawson Creek of all places.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Just GST on $30,000 is $2,100 dollars. How do you figure it will just cost about $350?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ram3500Dually said:
Just GST on $30,000 is $2,100 dollars. How do you figure it will just cost about $350?
You have to pay the 13% GST and PST tax when you cross the border. As you know these are sales taxes. I'd have to pay that anyway. Of course one assumes you get to pay the taxes on a lower cost of the vehicle.

There are no "duties" as per Nafta.

You pay a $195 fee to the Cdn Border services for paperwork. You have to get a provincial inspection done within 30 days - $79.99 at Canadian Tire and a federal inspection - seems to me it is $40.00. You also have to advise the US border services 48 hours prior to arriving at the border to ensure the vehicle is not stolen.

The vehicle I want to order can be had for $56,000 CDN - and thats dealer cost - or I can get it for $45,000 USD which is about $51,000 CDN. - at $1.135 exchange rate. (the current spot market is $1.1273).

Here is a website from the registra of imported vehicles that lists it all out.

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

Bottom line is that I REALLY want a 2007 Electric Blue Mega Cab with the 5.7 litre diesel. If I CAN'T get it in Canada but CAN in the US.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
The electric blue is an AWESOME color. I saw it in person at my dealer a few days ago. It's much better than in the pics. I want that color now...

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
jtkplc said:
The electric blue is an AWESOME color. I saw it in person at my dealer a few days ago. It's much better than in the pics. I want that color now...
It is sweet. I've yet to see it in person but it reminds me of that intense blue of years back. Slightly off topic but anyone know if you can get an electric blue sport?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
FYI,

Dodge offers the Electric Blue color on 1500 and 2500 Rams, but not on 3500's. Who knows why! But Atlantic Blue was never available on 3500's either to my knowledge.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Thats a 2500, not a 3500.
If they hadn't quit making the intense blue I would have had my 03 dually that color. I loved it on my 01 Off Road.

Attachments

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
FreeLantz said:
FYI,

Dodge offers the Electric Blue color on 1500 and 2500 Rams, but not on 3500's. Who knows why! But Atlantic Blue was never available on 3500's either to my knowledge.
Then why should you be able to build it on dodge.com?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.