DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I ordered the Borla XR-1 Sportsman muffler, a set of 8mm Taylor plug wires and a set of NGK v power plugs from Summit. I ordered the Magnaflow S.S. Cat and 3.5" S.S. tip from hottexhaust.com .

All said and done parts and labor will be half ($500) what the dealer wanted for a stock system and cat and that includes the plugs and wires. Can't wait! The D has been down for a couple of weeks with a plugged catalytic converter. Should feel like a new truck now that it will be able to breathe again! :rck:

Next issue to tackle will be to go with a CAI or the 14" round air cleaner. I really like the looks of a V8 without all the tubing. Have to read more threads on here to make my mind up!

Tim

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
Tim, got your PM but it looks like it was a day too late for me to respond.

To answer your question, it's a mellow muffler until you stomp on it, the sound will be great. I love my Borla and would definitely do that purchase again.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin. I also had pm'd Rick with the same questions and asked a local muffler shop about the Borla. The comments were enough to convince me! I actually got the Summit order today so I am just waiting on the cat. Should save a little weight too over the stock muffler.

Summit was cool, got the order quickly and got a hat and two packs of stickers too! Not goin on my truck but definately on my workbench and toolbox.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Your going to love it......one of the best purchases I made.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Magnaflow cat and tip yesterday. Have to say that both Summit and hottexhaust.com provided great service and a great price. I was a bit disappointed that Summit advertises free shipping and then charges $10 for handling but it was still a good price. Hottexhaust had totally free shipping and handling.

I think I will pay a visit to yorkdyno.com for a basic dyno test after the goodies are installed!

·
Registered
756 Posts
i wanted to get borla dual exhaust with a new catback system tell me how well your cat works by january im switching to duals i have a vortex its loud but i like to see two pipes

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think this muffler is next on my list of things to get, my current muffler is falling apart. I had to cut a layer that was just hanging off last month. Any suggestions on the tip I should get. Should I leave the tip stock or get a stainless one? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
0 Posts
Congrats Tim on your new purchases. I just got my new Borla muffler delivered a couple of days ago :D . I'm going to try and get some sound clips before and after....

Have to wait for next week before I can fix it though :mad: working this weekend.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adde said:
hey whats the part # on the tip u got for the XR-1 thinkning of getting one, how come you also got a cat-back with it?
This is the Magnaflow tip I got, http://hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?product_id=35105

I didn't get a cat back system, I got a cat and a muffler. The cat melted from a plug wire induced misfire.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
katcoota said:
Congrats Tim on your new purchases. I just got my new Borla muffler delivered a couple of days ago :D . I'm going to try and get some sound clips before and after....

Have to wait for next week before I can fix it though :mad: working this weekend.
Thanks, same to you. I hope to get it all installed the next day or two. I don't have the patience for exhaust work.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Adde said:
thx, do you got any pics of the muffler plus tip? I really wanna see how it looks like.
I'll get pics once it is installed. I hope to get a sound clip as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.