DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just as the title reads, I ordered my 3" DHM E-cutout today from Moes. I know I could have ordered directly from DHMs site but since Moes is so loved here, I decided to order from them.

Im really ready for it to be here. I will take some before, during and after pics. :rck:

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I finally got the e-cutout in yesterday. The Flowtech came in last Friday and I had it welded up already. So after getting off work yesterday I went straight home and got to working on it. Overall I love it. The sounds is much more deep and obviously the drone is much more but (to me) not unbearable.

Two things I need to point out is that I already was concerned about the length of wire included. Bob said there was 12ft and although I didnt measure it, Im sure it was 12ft. However, I already knew I would need to add some to that and actually ended up adding about 6-8 more feet. The flowtech is welded about between the front and rear seats. The wire ran up the frame of the truck and up the outer side of the passengers front tire well, beside the PCM, down the passengers fender and through a grommet than enters behind the passengers kick panel. Now my wire ran out right at the end of the fender skin and door hinges so thats where I had to cut it and add more wire. It had to be cut anyway because there was no way that plug on the wire was going to go through a grommet. So anyway, I added the wire and ran it behind the glovebox and came out behind the pocket below the radio. I already will be adding a switch panel in place of the pocket anyway for several switches. I pulled power and ground of my cig lighter circuit. So thats how that went and was router and why I needed a few more feet of wire.

The switch itself I will likely be replacing. IDK yet. Once I get it mounted it might be ok but Im not fond of it not being marked which way will open or close the cutout. I know that in time I will 'learn' which way is which.

But overall it is a very good product and I am loving the sound. I dont know the performance effects but then I didnt buy it for that. The cutout is very nicely made and I do not foresee any issue with it.

THX Bob and Dave.

Ill add some pics later over the weekend.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think so personally. At least I havent noticed any other than the sound. I wanted to go true duals with no cats. For the LT headers, welding, 2 mufflers and tips would have been around 1K +/-10%. This gave me the sound I wanted for 230 and I can open and close it how/when i want.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
seriously??wooee i hope youre being thruthful
for the 5.7 yes. for the 4.7 probably a little less but still a nice gain.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still a but spooked to get heavy on mine in the city but on the highway Ive had some fun with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.