DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fueled by 1.21 jiggawatts
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been wanting to put a 2/4.5 on my truck for awhile now. I've been searching through all of DT and Slammed1s site to see if thats really what I wanted. Even though so many of these trucks look amazing, its just not the same until I see it on my own ride, so I mocked up my truck to get a better visual. It still would need to come down a little in the rear, but, I LOVE IT!!! Plus, I intend to go with 305 50 20 Nitto 420s on the chrome clads you see here. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks good to me. Slammed 1 is the expert on installs and has products available.

·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
is your truck a 2wd? for some reason I was thinking it was 4wd. looks nice lowered though
Its 4wd. But only about 1% of the time. LOL!! Just about all of my buddies have raised an eyebrow (lol)to me for me wanting to lower my truck.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
I had a lowered 4x4(2/4 McGaughy's kit) and it sat pretty nice. I only use my 4x4 during the winter going back and forth from work to home, etc. If I lived in any southern state that never sees snow I'd have a 2wd. The truck looks pretty good mocked up to me. :D I like both lifted and lowered vehicles to be honest as long as they are not stock.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
I like the looks of it - I am like you, use 4wd for snow only. I like more of a lifted look now.....wish I could go up on mine, but it MUST fit in the garage!

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
:werd:

·
Come Git Some
1,155 Posts
Its 4wd. But only about 1% of the time. LOL!! Just about all of my buddies have raised an eyebrow (lol)to me for me wanting to lower my truck.
haha yeah i know what your talking about, i have a 4wd trading it in for a 2wd and all my buddies think im crazy

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
don't think anyone has mentioned it yet - but if you put 305s on there I think you have to run spacers up front.

Anyone verify?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
don't think anyone has mentioned it yet - but if you put 305s on there I think you have to run spacers up front.

Anyone verify?
good catch jeremy.....but its not a definite that he would need spacers. RB24 was running 305/50/20 and he only had slight rub.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
hell ive got a slight rub with my 275s. this should give you a good idea of what it will look like...

Attachments

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I like the look of the drop on your truck. I say drop it

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
I say drop it if you like. A lot of 4x4 guys won't like it, but it's yours. I've thought about dropping mine too, but I end up using the 4x4 and ground clearance more than most throughout the year so I can't.

It looks clean without the badges.

·
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks guys for the feed back, I always appreciate it. Its going to be a month or so before I add the drop, but I plan to get tires within the week.

Jeremy thanks for bringing up the rub issue.

ivegotcows mentions he has rubbing with 275s, but my truck won't set quite as low as his. 2wd vs 4wd. In the pic of my truck dropped that is 2 inches exactly in the front.

When you mention rubbing, where is the tire rubbing? Frame rail at full lock? fender liner? and how "slight is slight?

Pikeboy98: I know the 4x4x guys don't like it, I even used to think it was ignorant to drop a 4x. When I bought the truck I intended to lift it, but I drive to far to work and I have a jeep all lifted up already. I want to do something a little different, and still have my cake and eat it too! The pros & cons weigh in the lowereing favor for my everyday application, and overall modding goal. Besides its not like I want to bag the thing!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
by rubbing he means the front tires rub the inner finders on large or sudden bumps going at say 30 mph + back no rub , just bottom out on the frame.

At least thats how it was for me on stock tires/ is for me now on new tires.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
i say drop it!

for a better idea check out BMRbrnSNRbrd's truck, its a white QC with the same rims, blacked out pillar, and a 2-4 drop. so it should give you a good idea of how it would look.

i'vegotcows's truck is a good example too, but i see he's posted already lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.