Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question for you guys....
I'm having some differential work done, and my Auburn LSD is toast from using the wrong type of fluid.
I can have it rebuilt by Auburn for about $130....
I'm upgrading to a Detroit Truetrac, but should I get the Auburn rebuild done as a backup since its so cheap? Whatcha think?

·
Registered
595 Posts
or get it rebuilt and sell it.. just let the purchaser know it has been rebuilt

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Sell it dirt cheap and let the person know who to rebuild it through. This way you don't pay out of pocket. They get a great deal and everyone wins. :tup:

KB

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got thinkin, I might let the DT begger have a shot at it and get it rebuilt since he needs one and I cant use it anymore.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
adamsredlines said:
I got thinkin, I might let the DT begger have a shot at it and get it rebuilt since he needs one and I cant use it anymore.
:thatfunny Now who would that be?:D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Jack Arse?

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
:rck:

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL, I dont like it either but I gotta get home and I dont have time to argue it or anything else. I'm supposed to be back at work in a few days but that aint happening now, so I'll just take it in stride and be done with it.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Hey Adam - I thought parts of the Auburn are not rebuildable - which is why they have the DREX program, right? Four years from when you bought it if you have a receipt or 4 years from the date stamp on the unit if you do not for $100.00 or so:

http://www.auburngear.com/aftermarket/drex/

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I dont have the reciept but it should have the stamp on it.
I dont have time to have it rebuilt and I'm going to upgrade, so maybe mr. Jack arse will benefit from my "misfortune"

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had Royal Purple in there which Auburn aparently says not to use (synthetic).
I'm not convinced that they are shot, but I dont have the time to investigate it right now so I gotta get it done...kinda sucks.

·
Banned
3,572 Posts
so whom to stab first? adam or kb hum

well i might get another cheap part from adam and i need some help from kb so guess ill play nice for now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.