DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
I have to agree 1000% percent with 84Ram! You will pay 600 for a set of 906 open chambered heads with the smaller valves 2.08 I 1.74 E on the aeroheads, they are used but re-conditioned, you cant run a high compression ratio about 9;00 to 1 is all you can safely run on 93 octane. They flow only 200-220 CFM. The 440 source heads will flow way more about 280-290 out of the box, 2.14 I 1.81 E, has closed, heart shaped chambers so you can run 1-2 points more compression due to the alloy construction and the fact that a flat top piston with .035-.055 Squench can tolerate more squeeze and therefore more compression and make more power. The 906,915, 452 516 heads were all good heads in thier day 40- years ago. Today there are much more modern efficient chambers to help make more power with a better design, the best part as 84Ram said is only 300.00 bucks more! And the 440source heads are complete including valves, springs, retainers, locks ect..I dont think the Aeroheads are complete are they Dave? It's really a NO brainer and you can paint them Street Hemi orange and only a trained eye will be able to tell they dont look OEM!!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
RAM MAN, i have to agree with the others on the aluminum heads that are coming out.

besides AreoHead is a sister company to Indy Cylinder Head, from everything i have read from those that have used the AreoHeads they aren't the best quality. i think Indy starts there trainees out in the AreoHead shop.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
They dont have any customer service either! I know this from experience, I dont bad mouth anyone BUT I will never deal with them directly. Best Machine will set you straight in your area. They are excellent!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.