DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 6 speed a few days ago and don't like running 2300 - 2500 rpm on the freeway all the time. I was thinking about a lift and 35's or 37's to lower my overall gear ratio. Anyone who has done this, please give me an opinion as to which direction you think is best. I know the acceleration will be different between the 35's and 37's, but is it that much with the CTD? I will not be towing much, and if I do, it will be under 6k. Also please list your lift and tire size, I am looking for the best combo there also. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Go with 37" tires, I have them on my truck and love them. It dropped the rpm down where it should be and really didn't notice any power lose....

·
Registered
597 Posts
I went up to 315s with no lift and there was a noticeable "grunt" loss on acceleration and climbing hills, steep or shallow grade, and I had a 3-4 mpg loss as well.

Dropped back to stock and it runs and drives like it should.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Someone I know went to the 285's with his G56 and made a nice compromise.

MikeyB

·
Registered
576 Posts
I use 36s and 37s. I tend to use 1st gear much more, but on the highway it really cruises nice. At 70mph its not even at 2000rpms. Oh and the Edge Juice monitor tells me my true speed, its about 10mph off at 60 mph. The faster you go, the more off it'll be.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I did use 285s at one point as well (experimenting), and it wasn't bad at that point. Didn't drive as well as stock size, but there wasn't a significant power loss either.

·
OH Snap!
503 Posts
Im currently running a 2" spacer and 35's. I noticed no mileage loss, i actually gained a little as my highway rpms are better. I cant say anything about power as i added a little power at the same time as the tires. I do plan to go to 6" and 37's in the next couple of months though and that should make my cruising rpms even nicer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I put 35" ProComp A/Ts on with a Kore leveling kit and air bags in the rear.I got better fuel mileage opn the highway because it dropped my RPM's down to 1900 at 70 mph.I didn't notice any differance in low end power because I have the Edge Juice w/Attitude.Go for it I think you'll like it alot better. :D

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
j684jeff said:
I put 35" ProComp A/Ts on with a Kore leveling kit and air bags in the rear.I got better fuel mileage opn the highway because it dropped my RPM's down to 1900 at 70 mph.I didn't notice any differance in low end power because I have the Edge Juice w/Attitude.Go for it I think you'll like it alot better. :D
I am leaning toward a level and 35's go I can still get into a 7' garage. Can you share where you got the Kore level and how much $$$? Nice truck, I like how your tires fill the wheel wells. Any rubbing? What is the backspacing on your rims? Thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
blk_fxstc said:
I am leaning toward a level and 35's go I can still get into a 7' garage. Can you share where you got the Kore level and how much $$$? Nice truck, I like how your tires fill the wheel wells. Any rubbing? What is the backspacing on your rims? Thanks!!! :D
I have 35 x 12.5 M/T's and a D2P level kit, I get no rub at all and no power loss that I can tell.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got mine at www.desertracingproducts.com.I think I paid like $650 for the kit.I have heard alot of people you can get the same quality kit from www.topguncustomz.com for alot less.I had alittle rubbing at full turn but I took it to the shop I had install it and they fixed it.I'm not sure about the backspacing on my rims,they have the standard from American Racing for the Dominator series rim.Thanks for the complement! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.