DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember having my 3.7L dak and being jealous of the 5.2s being able to use a carburater air cleaner lol....nostalgic for me ;)
since the 3.7 and 4.7 throttle is facing frontwards, no way to mount it with room. i was under my hood yesterday talking to my neighbor(owner of 02 4.7 ram) and he did a homebrew intake and i was like yea i'll do one soon. then i noticed, since i did my body lift....there is a plether of room for a air cleaner of the sort. so my new project will probably be "how to incorporate a shaker scoop into my truck"
basically im going to run a pipe then a 90 bend into the air cleaner...only problem me and a friend that works at an auto parts store noticed was that the air cleaners have a 5" inlet lol
lowes and home depot have 6" and 4" couplers...no 5s :(
so we got to thinkin on how we could make it work...
well hes gonna check all his intercooler piping and see if he has some scrap 90s he can weld right to the air cleaner bottom.
then we'll run an Allthread through the hole in the top of the cleaner down threw the bottom of the 90 and just secure it that way.
so hopefully this will be part one of me getting a shaker scoop woot
if this works out i'll find a shaker scoop somewhere and butcher me hood up :D
heheh ill update when i get more progress

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx my spel cheks brocken :p

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
I'd have to see it. Sounds cool. I'd be worried about water getting in there and going right down the intake. I've had a cold air intake with cone filter and when I cleaned my intake tube I noticed muddy water from when I went muddin..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.