DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been snowing here and was doing a little cold weather work ( -6 Degrees F today) and decided to snap a pic or two of the truck with some snow in the backround. :)

How I love 4X4 :rck:
Can't believe I have lived so long without it.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Looks good! Yeah i don't know what i would do without 4x4 in the snow!

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, right now I'm in the midst of a 6 inch snowfall, to bad it's dark out or I would of taken a picture of it haveing some fun in the snow.

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
Wow-nice pics. I'm ready for some snow here, but we don't usually get any until January. Nice Ram BTW-I love the big tires!

(The three posts above me are all "blue" trucks, so I thought I'd make a post with a red truck!!! LOL)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
nice looking truck and if you want more snow you can take ours

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, I see in your signature that you fixed your foglights so that they stay on with the brights. How do you do that? I have wanted to do this since I got my truck. You need more low light when you kick on the "high" beams....

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Racinfan83 said:
Hey, I see in your signature that you fixed your foglights so that they stay on with the brights. How do you do that? I have wanted to do this since I got my truck. You need more low light when you kick on the "high" beams....
Its actually really easy, I got the instructions from some link, I'll find it and post it here, each year has a different method.

On mine all I had to do was remove the foglight relay in the engine compartment fuse box and jump pins 3 and 5. Took me less than 5 minutes and the improvement is noticable.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
wow, that sounds simple enough. I'd like the instructions also if ya can get find them. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
No doubt, please post directions for 2001 Ram........detailed, for dummies like me!

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Just so you guys know, its against the law in most states and Canada to have high beams and fogs on at the same time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just so you guys know, its against the law in most states and Canada to have high beams and fogs on at the same time.
Federal law limits the number of filaments that are to be functional at the same time.No more than 4

high beams use 2 low beam filaments plus the 2 high beam filaments

low beams plus fog lights uses 2 filaments for low-beam plus 2 for the fog lamps

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
75 Power Wagon said:
you generally don't have your hi beams on when another car/truck is coming anyways.. so i dont think its that big of a deal.
It will be a very big deal if a cop happens to be hiding in the shadows waiting for speeders and you go by with them on :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
It will be a very big deal if a cop happens to be hiding in the shadows waiting for speeders and you go by with them on :D
Actually, I beg to differ. :D
Most the cops I know don't really care. Just as long as your not harassing people you can leave em on. Hell, I distinctly remember seeing a 6" lifted Sierra with like twelve lights rolling around here.

Gotta love livin in a city where you'll get railed for tint, but not for lighting the town in the middle of the night :rck:

·
Registered
97 Posts
If a cop gets you for having fogs and brights on - he needs to go find something else to do! The above combo isn't half as bad as those projection lights on the sports cars............GhettoTruck please post directions!

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry about not posting directions, been busy lately. but will do so first thing tomorrow, when I get back on my regular computer.

·
1999 Dodge Ram
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So as promised here are the instructions, That I found when I did mine:

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/mods/electric/headlight.htm#Hifog

This goes through each year 1996 through 2001 and tells how to perform the operation on each year. Not to many visuals on the site, but If you need visuals, I'll try and do my best to help those that want to perform this modification.

NOTE: Save the relay, if you take it out, for this modification.

As far as this thread being about a snowy truck...Pictures :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.