DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have any emission tests or anything where I live. Now thats outta the way, I was looking at my exhaust that I assume is stock. My cat is the y pipe, one inlet, dual outlet and I noticed I only have one o2 sensor on the whole system, post cat. If i cut out the cat and put in just a y pipe will it throw codes? There isnt any sensor pre cat, just post.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
maybe you mist it. the 95/94s obdI had one sensor- pre cat. the obdIIs had 2 sensors. cali trucks are a diff story!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would there be o2 sensors on both sides pre cat? *starts climbing under truck*

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
as the two pipes come off the engine and into the cat, you got the three pipe cat right, the o2 pre sensor is between the 2 inlet pipes on the cat. the post o2 is one foot after the cat on the pipe.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*emerges from under truck* Oh look at that, your right.... :newbie: Well im thinking change the o2 sensors and was thinking change the cat but i guess its gotta stay

·
Registered
625 Posts
magnaflow has a high flow cat that has the inserts welded in for the o2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
lol sneaky o2s

Ive been told as long as the pre cat and post cat sensors are reading different levels of whatever it is it reads it will not throw codes. One guy was saying he had true duals with 1 sensor in each side to avoid codes. I dunno though seems the levels would be very similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.