DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I really didn't need the huge rear diff cover from mag-Hytec, but I really liked the rugged look of the stainless bolt heads. So $30 later (total of 50 bolts and washer, i only needed 28 :WHT: ), they are on and I think it gives the diffs a real rugged look.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Looks pretty cool.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
looks cool.. i temporarily have one stainless bolt on my back cover right now lol.. i have some stainless covers im gonna put on.. but i had to order the right bolts.. and at that point they had the amount of washers i needed, but i didnt think to buy them.. so i went ot buy them when the bolts came in, and now i have to wait til next week for my order of washers to come in! great! lol.. the covers i got are gonna look real nice though :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does look good

·
BIG BLACK CTD
646 Posts
those bolts do make it stand out and gives a unique look. I like it!

·
Registered
976 Posts
mikegronholz said:
I decided I really didn't need the huge rear diff cover from mag-Hytec, but I really liked the rugged look of the stainless bolt heads. So $30 later (total of 50 bolts and washer, i only needed 28 :WHT: ), they are on and I think it gives the diffs a real rugged look.
Looks good! What's the bolt size? Are the SAE or Metric?
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
looks good , keep up the good work and ideas . :D

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
im nto sure what rear end the newer dodges have on them.. but the bolt size for the 9.25 rear end is 5/16-18 x 5/8.. i had to order a box of 100 stainless steel bolts when i only need 22 lol.. oh well, gonna replace every bolt with a stainless steel one now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Front and rear diff bolts are the same. They are metric :WHT: They are 8mm (course thread - 1.25) socket cap bolts. They are 25mm long.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
that looks good bro dam good idea and you are right a cheep mod that looks great

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lets get this party.I mean thread started again...where did you get those stainless bolts at?? That is a sweet idea, your a genius.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
If anyone wants to buy some stainless bolts, i've got a bunch of stainless steel bolts and washers for our rear ends.... the chrysler 9.25 and dana 44, and i would imagine most if not all rear ends.... I only had to use 22, and i got a 100 pack of each.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.