DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciated the thread "wax on wax off" and had a couple of other questions. This is the first new car I've had, so I don't want start off on the wrong foot with detailing.

What is the best way to treat the dash and interior. I live in Central Florida and the sun can quickly eat the interior of your car. Also, what is the best polish/treatment for the black parts of my exterior trim?

I totally dig this car.

Dr. Phong

·
Registered
92 Posts
Be careful about treating the dash with anything that will leave a sheen and cause reflection.

·
Registered
367 Posts
From TSB 23-022-05​
All Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles are designed with a low gloss interior trim. This lowgloss finish maintains pleasing aesthetics, as well as to minimize glare of the instrument panel into the windshield. This low gloss finish should not be altered with a medium or highgloss interior treatment solution such as MOPAR Protector's or other Armor All-like products.​
Instead, MOPAR Satin Select, p/n 05174395AA, which has been specifically developed to remove minor surface contamination and maintain the low gloss appearance should be used for interior trim treatment.
To use MOPAR Satin Select low gloss finish to treat interior trim, shake the bottle prior to application. Spray on a clean, lint free towel or microfiber towel, and wipe while surface is cool. MOPAR Satin Select is safe for use on plastic, vinyl and leather and provides UV protection.​
---------------------------------------------​
I just use lemon pledge...but I'm not in Fla.​

·
Registered
271 Posts
The VRT is awesome on exterior trim but I don't use it on the interior. I use the VRT on tonneaus, bras, tires. On the interior I use just the poorboys spray and wipe but I don't have the UV issues you would have in florida. If you do use the VRT Then apply it and let it sit for a few minutes then go over it with a dry rag. It will give you more of a matte appearance. The other alternative would be poorboy's natural look. I have tried most everything available at pepboys, autozone. and they all seem to be too greasy like armor all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
In my opinion, 303 is a very good protective qualities. It's not greasy and from what I've read, it's UV protection is excellent. I've used it several times on interiors and I really liked the end results. 303 is not inexpensive compared to many of the interior dressings available, but normally, you get what you pay for. I've tried it on tires and for the tires, it's kind of a waste. It didn't last very long and I didn't like the finished look it left on the tires, but for the interior, it's very good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vegaslights, I have used the VRT on the black exterior moldings and plastics, but have not used it on my wheels. I am looking for a good close to greaseless application for my wheels that won't send tiny specks of residue after a few miles of driving on my paint. I am sure you know what I am talking about. I want a wet clean look for my tires but can't seen to find a good long lasting and non-splatering product. Anyone have a solution or advice? Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
kupaa said:
Vegaslights, I have used the VRT on the black exterior moldings and plastics, but have not used it on my wheels. I am looking for a good close to greaseless application for my wheels that won't send tiny specks of residue after a few miles of driving on my paint. I am sure you know what I am talking about. I want a wet clean look for my tires but can't seen to find a good long lasting and non-splatering product. Anyone have a solution or advice? Thanks
I use VRT all the time on my tires. What I do is apply it as thinly as possible, let the tire sit for a 1/2 hour or so. If the tire still looks wet, I take an old rag and wipe off what looks wet and drive on!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vegaslights, about how long do the wet look last for. I know with this Ca. heat here in the Sacramento valley could dry it out a little. Just wandering how long the wet look last?

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
depending on if you are parked in a garage or shade, the VRT can last very long.. My truck is always parked in the sun.. and theres a tree near it, that oftens shades one of my rear tirs.. and you can tell the difference in the VRT fading on the rest of them.. which isnt really that bad, because they still look good after 2 weeks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
75, is Adam's Products awesome or what? Have you tried clay bar, revive & swirl and butter wax yet? one word, WOW! It applies and removes so easy. The other thing I like is when you remove the wax there is hardly any polish power to deal with ya know? I will try the VRT. Now do you use the bottle or the spray?

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I use the bottle.. i use it on my tires, my bedliner, my dash, my floor (vinyl), and my seat (vinyl strips in it).. and its really amazing.. I've used teh spray to get in the AC vents, and weatherstripping.. but VRT is easy to apply..

and i have used all the other detailing products, they are amazing. in fact, my dad was very skeptical about me using these products.. kept going on about hook line and sinker and crap, now he's begging me to detail his truck! lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know what you mean about the skeptical coments from friends and family until they see and feel the finished product. They are sold after that.

Cool, I'll need to get a bottle of the VRT along with the spray. I have the spray but I think I'll have to add the bottle to my detail products. Thanks

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've always been a diehard Maquire's user. Is Adam's really all that much better? I've never tried it - maybe I should. Is there a catalog somewhere on Adam's products? Are their products only available by mail-order or can I find them at stores? I've heard a lot about Adam's from you guys, wanna see for myself what all the fuss is about. For the past 4 years, when I bought my Ram new, it's only had Maquire's on it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Grey Ghost said:
I've always been a diehard Maquire's user. Is Adam's really all that much better? I've never tried it - maybe I should. Is there a catalog somewhere on Adam's products? Are their products only available by mail-order or can I find them at stores? I've heard a lot about Adam's from you guys, wanna see for myself what all the fuss is about. For the past 4 years, when I bought my Ram new, it's only had Maquire's on it!

http://adamspolishes.com/

use brad for 20% discount untill the end of July.. After that I believe the code to use is Dodge for 10% off.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
www.adamspolishes.com is where you can order them.. use the promotional code brad and you get 20% off.. and if you spend over 125 you get free shipping.. i wasnt sure if i wanted to use meguires or adams, but what sold me is adams customer service.. great people!

and about the VRT, just make sure to get 1 sponge with it.. i have 2 that came with my original kit, and i've only used the one so far.. VRT has got to be my favorite product.. also, does anyone else use the brilliant spray glaze on the glass? that stuff works AMAZING.

·
Registered
410 Posts
kupaa said:
Vegaslights, about how long do the wet look last for. I know with this Ca. heat here in the Sacramento valley could dry it out a little. Just wandering how long the wet look last?
I've been to the Sacramento Valley in the summer and with your heat as well as the heat here in the desert, on tires, the wet product should dry in about 1/2 hour.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.