DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work today, someone made me a little unhappy. I was just about to turn onto the street that my subdivision was on and see a nice looking Mustang (Black with blood red racing stripes) and I thought to myself "I'd probably drive that). Well as the Mustang gets up close, I notice it is a pair of spoiled high school teenagers. Well when they get up to me, they thought it would be cute to swerve at me and show off. :VHOT: This didn't make me to happy, especially being in a jacked up truck that could most likely squash their car while doing minimum damage to my vehicle. After this happened, I turned around in the corner church parking lot and proceeded in hot pursuit :drivingz: Well I ended up not seeing that they turned into a subdivision because I got stuck at a light. When the light turned green I went on and new they had to have turned into the subdivision I passed, so I whipped it around and went back. I figured now that they would be pulled conveniently into a garage out of site. Fortunately for me the vehicle was exiting the subdivision as I was entering so I cut him off and put it in park in front of him (he had just dropped off his partner in crime). As I started making it his way he put the vehicle in reverse and thought about taking off, but then thought to stop. I was originally going to get his tag and report him, but thought it might do a little better to have a man to man talk. I told him first off that I was not happy and that if he did that to the wrong person, he might not be around anymore. He tried to claim that he was adjusting his radio, but that was not that case as I clearly saw him point at me (most likely because my truck stands out as well) and then he smile at his buddy and then swerved over. He kept apologizing, however so it's a little obvious he knew what he had done. I told him it was to nice of a car to be messing around in and that his parents most likely bought it for him. He said he payed for it, which I highly doubt. He then said I had a nice truck, he was sincerely sorry, and that it would not happen again. I shook his hand unblocked him and drove away a little happier :gr_patrio
Just thought I would post my rant. Some kids just get everything handed to them.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
wow...lucky he didnt have a gun or anything crazy man...people are nuts

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
nice to hear an ending like that, as opposed to the "is showed em who the boss was with a big smokey burnout yada yada yada.." type stories we generally hear

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about him having a gun, but he was clearly in high school and you cannot carry a pistol unless you are 21. I myself have a 308 rifle in my truck for hunting. I also thought about doing a burnout lol, but then I would have been stooping to his level and he would not learn from his mistake. I feel I did make him a little nervous, as I told him I could have called the police. He was much smaller than I so I felt he was also nervous a fight might go down. I feel he learned his lesson though and he will probably not be swerving at anyone for a while.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
Lack of communication is the problem for 90% of todays problems. I bet he doesn't do that again. Good job.

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
Now i see your point that wasn't cool foro him to do that to you but but in a way you made yourself look like a D-bag (not that you are) or anything but this reminds me of a a time.....

my buddy drove like a d bag in high school and he cut this guy off turning into school i did not know this at the time ... anyways

my buddy parked next to me and got out and this older man in his f-150 pulled up and said hey you lil %$#@ face you ever do that again and i'll beat your @$$ i was standing next to the guys truck and i am a great smart @$$ and said " Aw do you feel like a bad @$$ now?? you just threatened to beat up a high school kid Your a Bad @$$ :D he said it none of your business and i said " do you feel beter about your self ? D-bag i hope you have a wonderful day sir." :thatfunny:D

i just had to crush his power trip :D

my buddies busted out laughing and he drove off and almost hit another kid

now i know i am young but it wasnt cool for him to swerve like that but as long as you didnt threaten him or cus at him then thats funny but if you did like that old man did to my buddy thats lame JMO

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think you handled it the correct way, like you said, man to man. Good job.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I was completely calm. I told him he had a nice vehicle and it was not smart to be "playing" around in it like that. Now it is one thing to have fun in a completely vacant parking lot, but don't try and be cute by swerving at another nice vehicle. He initiated the handshake and sincerely apologized since he knew he was wrong. I feel since I didn't lose my temper by cussing or yelling he was respectful and apologized. He could have been a smart a$$ as well as in Coley's story, but he wasn't.

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
Yeah, I was completely calm. I told him he had a nice vehicle and it was not smart to be "playing" around in it like that. Now it is one thing to have fun in a completely vacant parking lot, but don't try and be cute by swerving at another nice vehicle. He initiated the handshake and sincerely apologized since he knew he was wrong. I feel since I didn't lose my temper by cussing or yelling he was respectful and apologized. He could have been a smart a$$ as well as in Coley's story, but he wasn't.
thats good then i beat it had a good impact on him :D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
he might have pooped a little And
Moe From Wichita Kansas WE KNOW
put that crap in your sig please

·
Gulpin Gas Haullin ass
659 Posts
I told him it was to nice of a car to be messing around in and that his parents most likely bought it for him. He said he payed for it, which I highly doubt

Hmm Probably not fair for you to judge him. I myself am 16 and have payed for my truck. Its a 25k truck, I have a very minimal amount of coin I owe on it. Just because were young doesn't mean we don't know how to work hard and make some honest money. I have been getting called out as a spoiled rich kid for most of my life. My parents could be considered "upper class" but I have bought and payed for 90% of the clothes on my back, the gas in my tank etc. You shouldn't assume things when you have nothing to back it up.

Remeber, assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Were not all spoiled:secret2:.

( don't mean to sound like a dick, just felt the need to tell you whats up, lol)

I love how you taught him a lesson though, I hate people that drive just like asses just to show off to there friends and look "DOPE" lol. Job well done, he probably wont be doing that for a while.

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Glad you taught him a lesson with out loosen your temper. I probally would have just drove over his car and made him walk home:thatfunny J/K

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with you Chris.V but in the city I live in (which was #16 on fastest develpoping cities in America for a while) The kids are generally spoiled rotten. I am not much older than you, as I am only in college. I also paid for my truck, but there are few of us left that actually have that honor and responsibility. That is also why I install all of my mods myself (excluding gears). It makes me sick to see the high-school kids that ride around in there Ford F-150s with $5k Rize suspension lifts. There are a bout 5 of them I see on a regular basis and they have each told me "mommy/daddy" bought it for them. A lot of the other kids drive such things from Landrovers to brand new Mercedes. The majority of students when I was in high school received a brand new car for turning 16. I know everyone is not like this, I just had a good hunch that it was the case with these smart a$$ kids. I also feel people take better care of their property if THEY are the ones making the payments on it, not the parents.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
nice to see how you handled it instead of blowing up at him

·
Registered
466 Posts
Think a little harder next time...................

I thought about him having a gun, but he was clearly in high school and you cannot carry a pistol unless you are 21.
Good thing that the law about being 21 in order to carry a gun always gets obeyed. NOT. Just because he was obviously a high schooler does not mean that he does not carry. Many gang bangers are in high and they carry.

I can understand your frustration about the younger generation not having respect, but choos you battle wisely. And as for the comment that he didn't pay for his own car, how do you know that?? I know lots of high school kids that have very nice cars that have paid for their own cars. Maybe he was a drug dealer, which leads me back to the thing about the gun law age being 21.

I would never follow and confront someone just for swerving at me unless it caused me to have an accident. I am not non confrontational, but I don't believe I need to over react either. And I am always armed, maybe that is why I am less likely to escalate things that just don't matter.

Not ragging on you, just advising you to be very careful who you confront about the little things. I would hate to see you get shot for something as inconsequential as someone swerving at you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live in a city FAR from being anything like LA. There are no gangs. A bunch of ******** and wanna be country kids. 90% of the kids are spoiled. I also carry a gun, but not a pistol, so it is legal. The thought ran through my head that it might not be the best decision, but we were in a dang subdivision, probably wasn't going to get shot by another white skinny soccer kid in gym clothes. No need for the smart as comments.....
I was originally just going to get his tag and call the police, but thought it to be a great opportunity to have a 1 on 1 talk. The police might not have done anything about it.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I would have pressed my cheeks against the window and left him a brown kiss.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
yo

He needs the spanking his parents never gave him.:spank2::spank2::spank2::spank2::spank::spank::spank:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.