DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if any one knew if the rubber trim piece that goes around the flare is removable? i want to remove it and spary the flares totaly with line x then reinstall the rubber trim is this at all possible? thanks

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
Yes it is.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Just unscrew a couple of screws around the fender lip, and it's off. ;)

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
Whoa, I didn't read your entire post...
Line-X your flairs?
why?
You will need to mask the area to be able to fit the rubber trim back on. Line-X
adds significant thickness depending on how they apply it.
So it would be easier to leave the rubber on and mask over it. I would discuss it
with the Line-X installer, and see what the end result would look like.

The rubber trim keeps the flairs from grinding into the paint.
Maybe you Line-X your rockers with the flairs removed, then put sprayed flairs on over it.
The original mtg. screw holes probably won't line up anymore...

Search the forum for Line-X, there are pic's of other guy's rigs that have done the rockers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am having my rockers and bed done and the guy said we could do the flares too. would it be a good idea or not? he said we would have to cover the whole flare minus the rubber trim so the line x don't peel

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
It would be a good idea to remove your flares and have it sprayed underneath-where they touch the body. When I removed mine to do the rockers w/DuraBac it was already wearing through the paint at 4000 miles. JMO

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yes, there are screws inside the wheel-well, I have taken mine off before.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i am taking my truck in monday to have the box, rockers and flares line xed , i will try to get some before and after pics. i might do a power wagon stencil in the box also .

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
well i am taking my truck in monday to have the box, rockers and flares line xed , i will try to get some before and after pics. i might do a power wagon stencil in the box also .

very interested in seeing before and after picts....:tup:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
are you doing color match?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.