DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive put 6 thousand miles on it but never really been up under the truck yet, to busy with the car..

i went out there to see what size cutout to put on the end of hte y pipe right... well as im measuring off the 3 inch pipe there and realizing it will take a good shop to do it right with the limited amount of room there, plus the air will be turbulent as it has just merged together at the end of the y pipe befoe it will be shot out the cutout.. might sound raspy.... my eyes suddenly divert to this huge 3-4 ft long 1 foot in diameter fat nasty looking muffler... lol i knew it as big, just never took a second look tho ... then there is also the resonator thingy also... no big deal, just means it will help more i guess

but shouldn't i just get 2 2.5 inch cutouts adn mount them after the cats on either side about 1 ft back where the pipe is nice and straight.. still the driver side one will have to be angled away from objects so the exhuast doesn't slap on things... to put a 3 inch in front of that muffler looks tuff imo..

the two 2.5's would prolly sound better, but the question is this i guess, how much power increase will i actually see, and will it be raspy?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay i got the cutouts to go on either side of the y pipe.. and i got the k&n filter in the other day.. all in all im just under about 100$ in mods to the truck and ive got a few things looking better with a lil paint also

anyone wanna guess how much i added.. its an 04 with the 2 mufflers i think its different. hemi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.