DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, if I want a mod for under 500 and i'm stuck. I'm thinking e-cutout, superchips, headers, powerwire....but which one? i know I will eventually get them all but I dont know which to get first...guys...HELP! :help: I really don't know what to do. Any ideas?
Thanks
-Nos

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
well you will hear superchips from about 300000 people, but i say wait on a programer until after the ones that are getting ready to come out are relised. that way you will have more to choose from. you can get a cut out or headers for under $500 so that would leave you enough for the power wire as well. allthough for the mods that you allready have i say go w/ the cutout. just because for the cost of the headers you will not see the gain your hoping for. now if you were running a cam then i would say headers in a heart beat.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, I've been meaning to ask...I live in Houston where the summer temperatures are freaking killer and the winters are pretty harsh too so I was wondering, would the power wire screw me up? I know that it's tricking the computer into thinking its colder than the exterior temp really is so what would happen?

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
nos4fuel said:
cool, I've been meaning to ask...I live in Houston where the summer temperatures are freaking killer and the winters are pretty harsh too so I was wondering, would the power wire screw me up? I know that it's tricking the computer into thinking its colder than the exterior temp really is so what would happen?
i could not tell you on that one as i am not running a Power wire.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
nos4fuel said:
we livin in the same city??? LOL JK

I gotta agree here...wait on the programmer, I personally have the superchips tuner right now, but am curious to see whats going to happen with the ones gettin ready to come out...I've been thinkin about a cutout for my truck as well, but that wont be before the exhaust is done...cant answer your questions about the power wire, but I'm sure someone can chime in about that.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
All the PW does is consistantly give the PCM info that says it's colder than it really is. Ever notice how peppy your truck is for the first few miles after you start it first thing in the morning? You can get that every minute of the day by using the PW as a IAT relocating harness and moving your IAT sensor into the CAI tube.

But as far as a downside, I don't think there IS a way to say there's a downside.

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
I'm just curious about the IAT mod moving it to the CAI. I have moved it there and then moved it back to the stock location on the intake and noticed no difference. I have the Superchips programed on the performance and was wondering if that has anything to do with it? Does the SC do away with the IAT altogether?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
4.56 Gears!!!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
why not do the 6.1 cam isnt that cheap?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
yeah the cam is cheap but the labor isnt :( id say cut out b/c it will sound really good also

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
redodge786 said:
why not do the 6.1 cam isnt that cheap?
It's cheap, but unless he has headers, he is not going to see its full potential. I would have to agree with the guy who said 4.56's. That is a big bank for your buck.

Hold off on the programmer guys, Bully Dog will be hitting on the market soon, as will Edge and Diablo. Choose from 3 or 4 programmers as opposed to 2.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
Cutout/powerwire
superchips/power wire = 91 octane gas for this mod
exhaust/powerwire
powerwire/scoop/homebrew intake/superchips
I wouldnt get headers if I were you until you can redo your hole exhaust system.

.. did I mention powerwire?

·
Registered
176 Posts
4.56 Gears. You wont regret them.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay then, I am officially no further forward than I previously was...lol. I would do the powerwire but as someone stated, 91 octane and thats out of the question. I have no idea what I'm going to do, prolly the cutout or the superchip...but which superchip? I could do the Max Micro Tuner or the other remote but I have no idea....I'll most likely do the Max Micro. What do you guys think?

·
1,965 Posts
I am going to have to disagree and say get the programmer. With everything that is realeased for this truck it always says coming soon and will be delayed for a long while. I am pretty sure I read that the PW doesn't really affect anything if you have a superchips. I really think you should get the programmer first and then get the other mods. Since your in Houston try and find a member down there that will take you for a ride with the superchips and see if it feels worth it to you.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
I've got an '03 and I say get:
Headers/True duals with a Magnaflow x-pipe muffler with high flow cats.
I think this will be your best bang for the buck. You'll get lots of low end torque also.
I don't have 4.56 gears, they'd probably be real good too.

·
Banned
26 Posts
nos4fuel said:
hey guys, if I want a mod for under 500 and i'm stuck. I'm thinking e-cutout, superchips, headers, powerwire....but which one? i know I will eventually get them all but I dont know which to get first...guys...HELP! :help: I really don't know what to do. Any ideas?
Thanks
-Nos
for $500 do it in this order:

1. Longtube headers ~$400
2. 6.1 Cam ~$160
3. Superchips microtuner or other programmer $350 (ebay)
4. 4.56 gear

powerwire is useless once you get a programmer. fyi, i overshot the prices of of the 3 products. oh, almost forgot. by all means do the TMR mod. i'm sure someone will post with the instructions on how to do that.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.