DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first off hey all i know its been awhile hasnt it?

its come to the time where my cougar is about done and im not going to take it on the freeway to shows so id like to get a truck and i know id love a Dodge...again.

Which do you think i should get? the CTD or Hemi? Im mostly going to be around town and of course it wont stay stock for long but the shows i will be pulling the cougar on a trailor. I need something to pull the cougar but not kill me at the pump....

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
ctd is my vote pulling the cougar its the way to go do it sam u know u want to

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hemibass said:
ctd is my vote pulling the cougar its the way to go do it sam u know u want to
i definetly want a 2500 CTD 4x4...thats been my dream truck for quite awhile....

although i just didnt think it was necesarry because of the mileage would probably just kill me.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
For towing a car trailer, you NEED the CTD, LOL!

I would.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Looks like it is unanimous, get the CTD

·
1,965 Posts
Better mileage= CTD
Better towing= CTD
What you really like=CTD
It seems to me you have already made your decision. :D

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zemog255 said:
Better mileage= CTD
Better towing= CTD
What you really like=CTD
yeah, now its just to find one i can afford!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Ok i'll be the one to say it, while I respect your loyalty to Mopar, your pulling a Mercury, why dont you purchase a Lincoln P/U & a color matched trailer. After all a Mercury is to Ford as Lincoln is to Mercury. It would be a great picture. (IMO)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Though the Hemi is no slouch, I think the CTD will out pull the Hemi on any day. I say this and you see what I am driving <

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Id go with a CTD...cause i want one too...lol Hey SamCarroll...what year is your cougar....i used to be a member of TCCOA and Cougar Nuts forums. I miss my cougar and t-birds.

·
Registered
852 Posts
zemog255 said:
Better mileage= CTD
Better towing= CTD
What you really like=CTD
Don't forget about Ausome resale value for a CTD...

·
1,965 Posts
You mean you supposed to sell them? My dad has 4 CTD's.
96:360,000miles
95:280,000miles
00:103,000miles
05:82,000miles
My Hemi:22000miles :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
zemog255 said:
You mean you supposed to sell them? My dad has 4 CTD's.
96:360,000miles
95:280,000miles
00:103,000miles
05:82,000miles
My Hemi:22000miles :D
An '05 and it already has 82,000 miles on it? Wow, your dad must think the wheel was made round so it will "Roll" huh? Glad to see the high numbers though.

·
1,965 Posts
Actually my dad has only put about 6,000 on it my mom put the rest. She was driving alot to work with the real estate company. It was almost cheaper to buy an economy car then pay her gas bill. But she quit that company so she didn't have to drive as much.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lpfan4life85 said:
Id go with a CTD...cause i want one too...lol Hey SamCarroll...what year is your cougar....i used to be a member of TCCOA and Cougar Nuts forums. I miss my cougar and t-birds.
1968 Cougar Std...i love it but as most know i wrecked it awhile back and since then its been under full restore and its almost done.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Sam, you know you've gotta get a CTD. How much do you want to spend? I'll help you find one!

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hemi Freak said:
Sam, you know you've gotta get a CTD. How much do you want to spend? I'll help you find one!
well of course id like to find one like you did..already nicely done up! cause thats what i plan to do with it anyway...im not sure how much i want to spend...most of it will come down to how big my montly bill would be.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
SamCarroll said:
1968 Cougar Std...i love it but as most know i wrecked it awhile back and since then its been under full restore and its almost done.
Thats awesome...i love the look of the older cougars...id like to get my hands on one and restore it.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lpfan4life85 said:
Thats awesome...i love the look of the older cougars...id like to get my hands on one and restore it.
i have a 67 XR7 in my garage that i need to get rid of to make room for my 68 that comes home soon...i just used it for some parts because i got a great deal on it! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.