DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been averaging 12.2 city driving EASY on my 2500 Ram. If I'm heavy on it, I drop to 9-10 mpg.

I filled up the other day, driving EASY and I'm averaging 14.1 mpg...WTF??? I only have 900+ miles on it, so I hardly think it's max'ed its break-in period.

I live in flatland Michigan and the only fuel this truck has known is premium. The ONLY difference is, I did go to a different gas station the other day; I would hardly think fuel would be a factor...but then again...(???)

Anyone have a clue???

·
Tape On
829 Posts
I wouldn't doubt that a better load of fuel could affect the milage. Are you using the overhead confuser or are you calculating it by hand?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both. I'm going back today to fill up and see if that 14.1 is correct. It'll be close just by eyeballing where the gas gauge is. Usually I'm down to just about 1/2 tank by Saturday; I have just about 3/4 tank on the same mileage. (I just drive back and forth to work with it...that's pretty much it).

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Gas brands can make a differance. The wifes 1500 can vary 2-3 mpg. Both our manuals say to use reg grade, I switch to the good stuff when pulling the fifth wheel, and even there I am not sure if it makes a diff.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
The 1st couple of fillups I got crappy gas mileage and then at around 800 miles on the odometer went up to around 16mpg.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Hang on... so you're complaining about getting the better mileage?

Gas brands can make a difference... and while they say the levels can to, I'm not tottally conviced on that because on my 03 I only put in regular and got that kind of mileage around town not taking it easy...

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
DamnYankee said:
I've been averaging 12.2 city driving EASY on my 2500 Ram. If I'm heavy on it, I drop to 9-10 mpg.

I filled up the other day, driving EASY and I'm averaging 14.1 mpg...WTF??? I only have 900+ miles on it, so I hardly think it's max'ed its break-in period.

I live in flatland Michigan and the only fuel this truck has known is premium. The ONLY difference is, I did go to a different gas station the other day; I would hardly think fuel would be a factor...but then again...(???)

Anyone have a clue???
That's cause Air Ram sneaked up your way and installed 4.56s while you were ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
DamnYankee said:
Anyone have a clue???
345 Cubic Inches of Romping, Stomping Hemi Magnum 5-speed Automatic
10.5" Trac-Lok rear end with 4.10 gears

:huh: :D

Sounds like your 2500 has two too many cylinders in addition to burning the wrong type of fuel. :D :cool:
Greg

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
:thatfunny

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's cause Air Ram sneaked up your way and installed 4.56s while you were ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :D
THAT was hilarious!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.