Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
994 Posts
jake brake!

·
Registered
810 Posts
The Jacobs Exhaust Brake is available from Cummins for about $150 more. It carries the original equipment warranty, and will not void your trucks warranty. That's the one I am saving for.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
NickBeek said:
The Jacobs Exhaust Brake is available from Cummins for about $150 more. It carries the original equipment warranty, and will not void your trucks warranty. That's the one I am saving for.
if he puts it on his 05 it can void the warranty. Your 06 is the first year to be approved of an exhaust brake on the auto.

But i would get a jake if i wasnt worried about the tranny

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks for the correction. I don't like to mislead people.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advise on the warranty, yeah that went out the window with the EDGE and The BHAF. But even more imporrtant is that Dodge does not make a Jac for the 05 auto...... But..

PacBrake does
Banks does
and one other I cant think of........

So which one is the best ??????????????????? :help:

·
Registered
576 Posts
BD Diesel makes em too, not sure how they are, but I've heard of several people using there turbos.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks the BD looks awesome too. It has some pretty good reasearch. One other brand to look at, thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, I love how their page does nothing but bash on Banks stuff, its kinda funny.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would stick with the Jake Brake set-up. Not only is it what Cummins specs from the factory, but the Jake brake name has a lot of history with Cummins Engine Corp.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone show me where it states thate a Jake brake can be put on a 05 automatic?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Go to the Cummins web site and read, I'm not sure about the '05 warranty issue, but they spell it out pretty clearly there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have an '06 auto. when I tried using in tow/haul mode when decelerating, it sounds different like a jake brake is activating, however to my knowledge none installed. Was wondering if anyone else experenced this and only again in tow/haul mode.? thx BDX

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.