DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so would it prybe cheaper to just find a srt4 motor with turbo and install it that way or go find a non turbo'd 2.4 liter and build it that way??????

· Registered
2,430 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges. You can do a really cheap shotty job of building up a 2.4L with a junkyard turbo, crap manifolds, no intercooler and jimmy rig the rest of it. Or you can spend a mint on brand new everything for the 2.4L... off the shelf ported head, brand new turbo, new intercooler, polished aluminum IC piping, MS, etc... Sky's the limit. You need to compare what you want with how much it costs vs how much time you need to spend on it and make a decision. SRT-swaps are pretty straighforward. A lot more is involved with a custom 2.4L turbo setup.

95moparracer has a complete SRT swap for $3500. Engine, ECU, harness, Trans, K-member, clutch, seats, etc.. basically everything to turn a regular 2nd Gen into an SRT-4 minus the suspension I believe. Engine, ECU, Harness, seats, would also work in a 1st Gen.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
man...and if i wasn't in alaska I'd be all over that! That is a great deal for what you are getting!

Is the turbo pt cruser pretty much the same set up as the srt-4? Fitment issues? anyone?

· Registered
2,430 Posts
PT engine puts out less power, and when they stick it in a heavier car it translates out to the performance of a bolt-on N/A 1st Gen... S.L.O.W. Why the engine puts out less power I'm not sure, but I'd guess its just a different ECU tune. PT GT's came with a Getrag MTX though... hands down the strongest trans that will bolt up to a 2.0L/2.4L. Fitment issues arise in neons however, not sure what you'd need to do to make it fit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.