• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, time to buy some new wheels and tires. I've looked for months and finally decided what tires and wheels I want. (And I'll get them both from Moe's. :cool: ) My tire of choice is the Nitto 420s and they will be going on black Boss 304's (pic is at the bottom of this post) or black Boss 329's if I get 22's. My problem is that I'm having a hard time deciding on if I should get 20's or 22's to go along with my 2/4 drop that is being put on very soon. I love the way the 22's look, but they will hurt the gas mileage some, and they're heavy which will slow me down some. The 20's are lighter, but I'm worried they won't look as good. I don't mind losing a little power due to the 22's, but I don't want them to slow me down a ton and I don't want my gas mileage to go down a to, but if it goes down a little I guess that's ok.

What do y'all think? Go with the 22's or the 20's? Moe's has a great deal on both and I want to buy some within the next day or two. Hopefully I can get them put on before my birthday on Saturday, so it'd be a nice little gift for myself. :D

Here is a pic of the black 304's:

and here are the black 329's:

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I would stick with the 20's if you are dropping it that much... Choose a tire with a low profile sidewall and you will get the look you want plus the tires will be alot cheaper! I say stick with 20's. I don't know how much more the 22's will slow you down but they will. Give the poll a couple days and take everyones opinion before you buy. Most have either done what you are going to do or are pondering it. The 22's would look killer with a 305/40/ on there but again the tire price and weight are a disadvantage I have 22's and love them but got them cheap...just my .2

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hemi1569,
Thanks for the input, I have a lot of the same thoughts you do as well. If the 22's didn't look so damn good on a 2/4 drop, this wouldn't be near as hard. :D

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I would go with the 22's . These trucks look much better that way.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I agree the 22's will look better, but if you do not want to lose performance, then i am afraid the 20's are your only choice. Ask matt(hemi450hp) if he knows the weight difference between the two.

·
TUNED??? its an 03!
1,287 Posts
i just put the 329s -22 on my 2/4 drop and do they look good. as far as height - with a 305/40-22 tire it is smaller than the stock 20's with a 275/55 tire. there is about a 1/2" difference. As far as performance goes, I have a set of track wheels that I put on when I go to the track. I didnt get the wheels for performance, but they are still better than my stock 20's.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
.... 20's :drivingz: .....

·
Registered
834 Posts
22s. Your gas mileage won't change too much. Mine only changes about 2.5 MPG with my 26s on. And as far as performance goes SRT 10 trucks run 22s......

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
22's....With a 2/4 drop, 20's don't compare in the looks dept. IMO

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I think 22's seal the deal..........

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
As far as looks go, you cant beat the 22's. The 20's are just such a deal right now that it is hard to pass up. The Boss 329's in 22" weigh 41lbs per wheel, and the Boss 304's in 20" weigh 37lbs per wheel.Just let me know which one you come up with, and we can make it happen.

·
They call me Fred???
530 Posts
22" 329's would look mint! Happy Birthday!

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Dude, think about what 450 said. You are talking about 16 pounds difference for ALL FOUR wheels. And like was mentioned, you can go 305/45-22 and be identical to stock tire height (if you had 20s originally) or you could go 305/40-22 and actually be smaller that stock, thus getting a "gear" upgrade.

The 22's are a no brainer. I personally think 20s are too small for these trucks especially if you want a more aggresive low-pro tire. 22 all the way. And I like the 329s better of the two wheels you posted.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i say 22'S 2/4 drop here runnin 305/40/22 Wanli

Attachments

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
20" IMO look the best and give a much better ride

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
For whats its worth I did not notice any ride quality change when I went from factory 20's and factory tires to 305/45-22's.

·
ROLL TIDE ROLL
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've decided to go with the black Boss 329 in 22's. They just look too damn good not to go with at that size. Plus, alot of people on here have the 304's.

Now, the thing is they'll be black rims on a white truck. I've seen hardly any pics of white trucks with black rims (besides lifted 4x4; mine will be lowered) so I'm hoping they turn out ok. I'll post pics as soon as it's done.

Just wanted to say, if you're looking for new wheels or tires, you will not find better help or service that you will find from Moe's Performance. Matt (HEMI450HP) has answer a ton of questions I've had and has been more than helpful with everything. :cool:

·
low n' SLOW
638 Posts
I had 20s and end upgrading to to a Boss 313 22" black with chrome finish. I have a 3/5 drop and I love the way the 22s look. Far superior to the 20s. Its did affect my gas but only like 20-25 miles a tank difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.