DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do some cool things in the near future with my 2006 1500 Night Runner..

Idea # 1 - My thought is this, I want drop the truck and put 24" wheels on it and eliminate as much of the gap between the top of the wheel and the fender well.

Any suggestions would be great!

Idea # 2 - I want to install a In-Dash DVD, Speakers, Amp and a decent SUB "NOTHING CRAZY!!!"

Again any suggestions would be great!

Idea # 3 - About to become reality I am install the Clifford RSX 3.5 Remote Start / Alarm. Along with the window roll-up mod, Prox Sensor and 4 Piezo Sirens inside the truck..

Does anyone have any feedback on this alarm??

Thanks in advance folks..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Beautiful truck!! I would (personally) get rid of the night runner stickers and everyother badge EXCEPT the Hemi. :D

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I would go with a 2/4 drop and run siome Black 22's with a polished lip with some 305/45/22 tires. Those should fill the wheel wells nicely and and will add some very nice style to an already sporty looking truck. 24's are just overkill IMO, so I would stick with the 22's.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
450, 2" in the front and 4" in the back?? Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
ALIEN RAM said:
450, 2" in the front and 4" in the back?? Is that what you mean?
yes...2" up front and 4" out back. And the 305/45/22 tires are wide and aggressive, so it would give it a mean sport appearance and fill the wheel wells at the same time.

BTW...Any news on the HID's?? I never got an invoice???

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will check on that right now.. Should have got it..

305 won't rub I assume?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
305/40's all the way.

KB

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
go to slammed1's website and find that guy that used to post on heres truck he had a night runner with a nice drop and some chrome 22's looked real nice buddy.. 24's are way overkill and your pockets will be empty, plus i thikn you'll notice a large lag in performance if you only have the 3.55's

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread gentlemen, alien were having a little meet at orlando speed world if ya wanna come down and chill with some of us at the track, its so far set up for friday weather permitting! Just FYI

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*******eatsleepdrivesc********

PM ME YOUR NUMBER, I WILL CALL YOU..

OK, SO FAR I GATHER BEST TO GO WITH THE 2/4 AND 22" RIMS..

ANY WORD ON THE IN DASH DVD?? AND ANY FEEDBACK ON THE ALARM??

THANKS AGAIN FOLKS!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Well for the in-dash, I would just get something you like and are comfortable with. I have an Eclipse unit myself, its awesome. But I really like the Pioneers a lot, some of their less expensive models are still packed with features and have great screens and function.

Speakers, well I guess it depends on what your preferences run to. I have always been a fan of Infinity components. Great sounding speakers with great clarity and sound quality. There are others just as good or better, but for features and price I have always been an Infinity fan.

As far as a sub and box etc, I give my regards to the hotbox. I think one of our sponsors makes a version of this as well. It will take up your center seat portion and is a great enclosure. The sound is phenomenal and the price isn't too bad either. I have an Audiobahn alum10Q in mine and it hits great, but everyone tells me this box was practically built to be a perfect match for a JL Audio 10w3 I believe. Best of luck in getting what ya want. :D

KB

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kenny, most informative!

·
Registered
240 Posts
You need an exhaust! :)

The rs 3.5 is a nice unit. I use to install them. What sucks about it is that the battery needs to be changed about once a mo nth. If your batteryy runs out on you then good luck turning on your truck! make sure you leave a spare battery in the cabin.

I was at a movie theator and at 1am i could not turn on my car. I removed teh battery from teh remote and watied 5 min and installed it and hit unarmed real quick and it worked.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shit, thanks, I have an exhaust, Flowmaster Series 50 dumped 3 in 3 out single..

Sounds great!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL, I have seen that place before at the airport I think, I just flew in there the other day for a Golf Tournament..

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
ALIEN RAM said:
Thanks Kenny, most informative!
No problemo, sounds like your gonna have a sweet ride with all your plans. :rck:

KB

·
Registered
527 Posts
slammed1 said:
305/45/22 are skinnier and taller than 305/40/22 which are shorter and wider.
Theoretically, since they are both 305's, they would be the same width.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.