DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car I have is a 1999 dodge intrepid with the 2.7L engine and currently has 104,000 miles:

when trying to change the oil sending unit..I have gone under my car and firgured out how to remove the red lock clip,.. but after that cant get wiring thing off the sending unit itself, do i need to unbolt the very small bolt at end of sensor, and then remove wiring thing and then sending unit? or just remove red clip and wiring attachment should be able to be pulled off of sending unit? I tried pulling it off with out removing the tiny bolt at end of wiring plug, but was unable to.I didnt pull too hard, cause I didnt want to break anything. if anyone has done this themselfs, please send me some help. I am planing on getting the new sending unit and breather wire, that TSB bullentin Recommend's for Oil flickering light, but want to know exactly how to do what it is, must be done first, so I do not mess anything up. would draining all the oil out of the oil pan be a good idea before beginning this or is that not necessary as I may only loose a little bit of oil when sending unit is removed? My oil light in dash panel flickers once in a great while, and I firgure this may fix the problem

also wanted to know if I was to get an OIL GAUGE kit that goes somewhere near my dash and shows the exact oil pressure....how do I connect this and the Oil sending unit at the same time? or does oil sending unit get eliminated all together? if the Oil sending unit is eliminated all together, wont the oil light in dash stay on all the time and this mess up the computer?? if the oil gauge kit does not get mounted in the hole where oil sending unit is..where do I have to put it? I am just trying to learn how involed this can be, if I was to do it myself, not sure if I will do it myself, but an actual OIL GAUGE would be nice to have at the dash to see what is going on at all times.

One last question and it is:
If I was to switch from the regular oil that has been going into car, to the synthetic oil, how do I go about flushing out the Old regular oil?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.