DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an oil change and I always use the Mobile1 but its not on sale this time around but the Syntec is. Would you put this in your truck. I don't think it would hurt one oil change.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i believe most any oil is good at this point. hell i use walmart synthetic 5-30 ive tried em all. only thing i dont use walmart oil in is my charger it gets valvoline vr-1 20-50 an a bottle of stp additive for the added zinc.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
There is no problem with doing that.

A friend of mine bought a brand new '85 ford truck and all he did was buy whichever brand dino oil was on sale. He did 3000 - 4000 mile drain intervals and had over 140,000 miles on it when he traded it in a brand new '97 ford truck. He did the same thing with the '97 ford but I don't remember how many miles was on it when he sold it.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have beeen using mobile1 since new and alot of guys rave about what oil is better but since the price difference is going to be around $30 difference, I too don't think it would hurt if I use a name brand synthetic oil such as Syntec or The new Quaker State stuff.
It still gets changed every 5K.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Syntec is better than GTX or other typical retail conventional oil but its not even close to Mobil 1. Its not even a real synthetic, just a highly refined conventional.

I'm partial to Amsoil but Mobil 1 is pretty good.

If you have time for the education check out Bob is the Oil Guy website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.