DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering if a fluctuation in oil pressure is common. Every once in a while when I look at my oil pressure gauge it will read below half way and other times it will be past half way (between half way and all the way). I have noticed this when I'm driving most times on the highway it will be past half way and then when the truck is parked idleing it will drop back down. Oil gets changed every 3000. Hope this isnt anything to be concerned about.

Oh and forgot to mention...truck has 107k miles on it

·
Registered
868 Posts
The oil pressure will change with the speed of the engine because your engine drives the oil pump.
Mine holds 35 or so hot at idle which is just under half guage.
If it were dropping below 20 then I would worry.

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
JTeg360 said:
I was just wandering if a fluctuation in oil pressure is common. Every once in a while when I look at my oil pressure gauge it will read below half way and other times it will be past half way (between half way and all the way). I have noticed this when I'm driving most times on the highway it will be past half way and then when the truck is parked idleing it will drop back down. Oil gets changed every 3000. Hope this isnt anything to be concerned about.

Oh and forgot to mention...truck has 107k miles on it
the same thing has been happening to me lately, it use to stay at the first line past L now every time i look at it it is different!!! it moves around al the itme!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't rely on the factory gauges. I have replaced the sending unit on my 95, 4 times. I finally installed an autometer mechanical gauge. Oil pressure changes with engine speed and temp. My 95 runs 50+ on highway and 24 at idle. I have 158000 miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.