DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
i yell at microphones.
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i drive, my pressre gauge has been sitting below 40.....or well past center mark.
then it sat on center the shoots up high....then stayed low for the rest of the night....no change in pace...i was on the highway doing 65mph.

what the hell is going on....performance hasnt suffered any, ive read this could be a clogging oil pick up in the oil pan?
is it accesible from the pan? any methods of cleaning or repair?
i assume i will need a new pan gasket...anything else?
an oil change is due so this would be a good time to do it if neccesary.

also he truck has a slight shiver when sitting in park. if these symptyoms sound familiar to anyone, or you can give me some advice...it is much appreciated.
the truck in question is a 99 ram 4x4, 318 auto.

·
Registered
503 Posts
after2 said:
while i drive, my pressre gauge has been sitting below 40.....or well past center mark.
then it sat on center the shoots up high....then stayed low for the rest of the night....no change in pace...i was on the highway doing 65mph.

what the hell is going on....performance hasnt suffered any, ive read this could be a clogging oil pick up in the oil pan?
is it accesible from the pan? any methods of cleaning or repair?
i assume i will need a new pan gasket...anything else?
an oil change is due so this would be a good time to do it if neccesary.

also he truck has a slight shiver when sitting in park. if these symptyoms sound familiar to anyone, or you can give me some advice...it is much appreciated.
the truck in question is a 99 ram 4x4, 318 auto.

My 95 did that for years. It was stolen last january and whoever stole it put a crowbar though the gauge cluster and I had to replace the cluster. End of Problem. I had pulled the pan and changed the sending unit multiple times. The only thing that fixed it was a new gauge cluster. I wasn't real worried about it becasue it was always 40-50 with a mechanical pressure tester, But I think your problem might be electrical.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
this happened to me just about a week ago. i had to end up taking the oil pickup tube and screen off and cleaning the screen with kerosene. installed it back and oil pressure is what it should be. it is not that hard to do really. just drop the pan and then take the 2 bolts out that hold the oil pump on and then unscrew the pickup tube from the oil pump. now make sure when you reinstall the oil pump that you prime it first or otherwise it may not even work. good luck

·
i yell at microphones.
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.