DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! I have a 95 Avenger ES with 136k miles and noticed today when I break, the oil pressure gauge almost bottoms out. The check engine light doesn't come on and neither does the oil light. The car runs fine. I just bought this car yesterday... hopefully nothing too major.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Sounds like you need an oil change t least. Does it knock or rattle when it drops? My GLHS does the same thing if I use a lightweight oil, like 30W. I run 40W or better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no noises

No noises when the pressure drops... I talked to a Dodge dealer today and he said that I should go to the dealership and have the oil changed. When they do this, I should tell them what's going on and they will look to see if there are particles in the oil. He said not to worry too much about it because the lights didn't come on. I don't think I noticed the oil gauge doing that in my Ram. Maybe it did, I don't know. Thanks for the advice! Oh, is there a trick to unlocking a Dodge glovebox? Can't see to get it unlock with the same key I locked it with...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.