DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2000 4.7 auto usually starts fine runs holding pressure. After it heats up pressure drops and it conks out. It is so bad that coming to a stop it needs to be thrown into neutral and reved, pop it back into drive and go. If you don't it stalls and needs to sit until it's cool. Now there is no metal noise[grind, pop, slap, etc].
The aggravating thing is it has more pep and go than my hemi fullsize but is less reliable than a pinto. It was going to get d60's and be a beast but is more a bust. My 318 with over 300k miles on it sitting on the garage floor still starts up on a -20* day, even with cracks[is it just a new v old thing?].
Any practical and cheap ideas sans tear down or replace. If it's getting a replace it's getting the axe[if I'm going to strip anything it's going to be the 81]. Don't have a ton of time for it and I have changed the oil an tried to run it hot and the changed it again, but it still is acting up. Currently it barely wants to start and reach idle. Odd it has great get up an go when run but can barely start and grumble.
Any help?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.