DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and glad to find it. I was looking for performance upgrades for a 4 door 2000 Stratus with the 2.0 engine, but am about to give up and just accept the lack of acceleration.
I recently did the first spark plug change (36,000 miles) and found a little oil on the first plug on the pax side. This was on the ceramic part, not on the working end of the plug, that looked fine. My mechanic said it is not a real issue but would cost about $200 to repair. Is this a possible fix for a DIY with reasonable mechanical skills? What is involved?
TIA

·
Official qwerty thief
2,319 Posts
if i remember the 2.0 head correctly they have deeply recessed plugs. The problem is that there are sleals around the tubes that go thru the head, the seals on them can either go bad or were not installed properly, my guess would be to take off the valve cover and check the ones there and if there ok, then they are the seals at the bottom of the tube. bout a couple undred bucks to have your mechanic do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2000 Stratus SE, 2.4. I had a little oil in two of the recessed spark plug holes. If you replace the valve cover gasket (which comes with the new seals around the spark plugs), you will be fine. Let me know if you have any more probs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just changed my valve cover gasket for the same problem....2000 stratus 2.4....I work at an auto shop so if your mechanic is charging you 200 bucks you should ask him to provide vaseline....it takes 0.7 hours labor and about 20-30 bucks for the gasket....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.