DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I have noticed some oil leak..just wondering where it is coming from. It's barely dripping right around the bottom where the filter sits. It's not coming from the filter or the oil change bolt. I don't think its the CVJ. Top of the engine is clean, only from the bottom.
Wondering if anybody has had this problem and where the leak came from. I'll have to look at it more closely to pinpoint the exact leak. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
how much oil r u talkin bout?? a little drip is not uncommon. i'd wipe it all down drive it a bit then check it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I did and it seems like it could be coming from the oil sending unit or theres another line that sits on top of the unit. I found oil from that site and it's so hard to gain excess in that area. I'll have to check it again to make sure of the location. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.I was looking for the leak again and it seems like it might be coming from between the tranny and engine...thats the worst it would be coming from. If that is so, it will be the oil seal somewhere between the tranny and the engine. My question is....is there one located in that position? I know theres one for auto-trannys, but not too sure for the manual tranny. If anybody knows, please inform me. Also, is there a dipstick for the srt tranny where the oil could be checked, thank you.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
ya it's probably the oil sending unit. Check the torque on your oil pan bolts too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did check the oil pan bolts and they are not leaking and I doubt its the oil sending unit too. Haven't pin pointed the actual leak..still looking. I'll have to give it to the dodge boys, if I don't succeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.