Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyas!

I'm a new owner of a used 99 Caravan L4 2.4L 3 speed tranny 68k miles. I've heard these trannies are pretty durable (at least compared to the earlier 4 speeds) but am trying to be abit proactive with the maintenance. The car has been well maintained and has had two tranny flush/fill/filter with the last being around 65k. There doesn't seem to be any problems and the shifts are solid.

I don't do any towing but I can have a bit of a lead foot and take one or two 300 mile round trips a week. I was thinking of adding a Hayden tranny cooler and possibly an in-line Magnefine filter. Any thoughts on this?

Regards

·
Registered
629 Posts
vipergg

although it wouldn't hurt it's probably overkill on the 3 speed if you aren't towing anything . The 3 speed is pretty durable , just keep up the 30000 miles fluid and filter changes and you should be fine . highway traveling is the easiest on the tranny so if your trips are highway then I certainly woul;dn't worry about it too much.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Adding an auxillary cooler won't hurt anything, but you really don't need another filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.