1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
losing about a 1and 1/2qts between oil changes
the oil is being pushed thru the pcv ,anyone know of a baffle problem
or maybe some type of air/oil separator for the magnum
i know its not the intake gasket got the hughes airgap
the oil is causing the engine to ping with the superchips(i can see it on the bottom of intake)
note i know the engine is not hurt
just wondering if anyone knows anything about this problem

· Hillbilly Deluxe
276 Posts
sounds like the plenum. You can replace the gasket or get the hughes plenum kit and gasket and hardware. The stock one is steel the the intake is aluminum. They expand and contract at different rate and blows the gasket. The hughes plenum kit is aluminum and solves the problem.

www.hughesengines.com

· Registered
256 Posts
When you say air/oil separator, you mean something like an oil catch can? You sould be able to get one from any speed shop, or summitracing. The way they work is you hook up the hose coming from your pcv into the catch can, and then a line out of the catch can to your intake. The air flow through the can deposits the oil into the catch can and the clean air goes to the intake. The only thing is you have to remember to clean out the can every once in awhile since it is possible to fill with oil over an extended period of time.

· Registered
256 Posts
Sorry, it took so long, didn't see the reply. I do but they are from when the truck was finished back in '96, and they are regular pictures. I don't have a scanner yet, but hopefully santa will leave me an all-in-one printer this year ;) It was my first vehicle, swapped out the manual, and put in an auto, and changed the color from brown to highlight blue pearl. I'll see what I can do about the pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.