DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Hemi4Me
490 Posts
I don't call....just drive up and I'm out in less than an hour. It's free too....at least until 36K :D

· Registered
2,832 Posts
I just drop mine off in the mornings before work, and then ride the courtesy van to work (driven by an 80 year old man) (scary) and then have a co-worker drive me back at 5:00 and its ready

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I usually just need a day or two notice. I drop mine off on my first break (8am) and I usually pick it up after work (2:30pm). I guess it depends on the number of techs your dealer has along with how busy of a dealership it is.

KB

· Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,372 Posts
That does seem a bit long, but some service depts are legitimately busy. A good service dept, however, will generally keep some slots available for easy routine maintenance such as fluid changes. I would check around at Jeep and Chrysler dealers as well, many stock the maintenance parts for Dodges and will service Dodge products.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have checked with other dealers in the are they all say bring it in, we will have ya done within an hour. The reason i have to use the one i bought it from is free oil, lube, and filter for 3years.

· Registered
862 Posts
******* said:
I just drive up to the dealer's service dept. door, sound the horn, the door opens, I drive in, I tell them what I want and in twenty to thirty minutes I drive out. Costs $24.00. Beats the heck out of one of those quick lube places.
THAT AS IT SHOULD BE!!!

I've owned vehicles, from both of the other "Big 3", and they both had this arrangement. None of the Dodge dealers, in my area, offer this and look at you funny when you suggest they get with the program.

· Registered
130 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
I drain it and then start the truck.
yeah right hahhahahhaha
:thatfunny
You Too?
I usualy let the truck run about 15 minutes after I drain to make sure I get every last drop out. Oh, and make sure the filters off as well.

· Registered
561 Posts
I dont go to the stealership for anything. I went once to get something fixed and listened to a whole speel about "you should replace this and this needs to be maintenanced and bla bla bla bla bla". Ugh...drives me crazy.
Id rather pay a few extra bucks and go someplace else and not listen to stupid "salesmen" in the service area trying to feed me BS on stuff I know is fine and then try to tell me I didnt do maintenance on things that I did, but just not at their stealership. You know if they actually checked it they would know it had been done. *rolls eyes*

Bla, anyway, I go to like Jiffy Lube or something and Im out in like 20.

· Banned
7,225 Posts
DodgeChick said:
I dont go to the stealership for anything. I went once to get something fixed and listened to a whole speel about "you should replace this and this needs to be maintenanced and bla bla bla bla bla". Ugh...drives me crazy.
Id rather pay a few extra bucks and go someplace else and not listen to stupid "salesmen" in the service area trying to feed me BS on stuff I know is fine and then try to tell me I didnt do maintenance on things that I did, but just not at their stealership. You know if they actually checked it they would know it had been done. *rolls eyes*

Bla, anyway, I go to like Jiffy Lube or something and Im out in like 20.
don't worry it's because you're a girl

· Registered
2,122 Posts
I have had to wait upwards of 2 weeks for an appointment. My dealer is legitemately VERY BUSY! They do their best to make an appointment for me within a few days but sometimes they are just booked solid. You have to understand that.

As to going to a Jiffy Lube because the dealer screws you. Well, be very careful of places like that. They are famous for lousy work and always putting the wrong fluids in. You have to watch them like a hawk and be SURE they use the right stuff. Oil, tranny fluid, Anti Freeze, etc... they always screw it up.

· Registered
561 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
don't worry it's because you're a girl
Excuse me?

As far as wrong fluids...Ive never had a problem. Besides, if anyplace ever did anything like that you just slam a lawsuit on them...lol

· Registered
14 Posts
I drop in, no appointment. I have the twelve free oil changes. Dealer gives me another free one if it takes longer than half an hour.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.