DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read repair manuals says 6. AutoZone says 6. Most auto places I've asked is 6. When I bought the truck it was leaking oil big time and I added 8 quarts show full on the dip stick, running fine. Until one day it blew up because they guy that I bought it from run into flooded areas and also I added stop leak oil that made the engine spit. I send it for a rebuilt and they placed a new engine, well, used. The parts renovated with new seals and rings. They added oil. I check when I got home. It was empty but I wasn't sure so I decided to drained it all out. On the oil pan catch showed 5 quarts. I decided to add a better quality of oil. I poured 6 quarts and still no show on dip stick. I've been reading forums to add 7. After what happen I really don't want break another $3k engine replacement. Plus the guys that rebuild the engine man was a hassle.

On the first engine was taking 8 it show full. I didn't had no issue just losing oil. The oil pressure gauge was showing as normal.

Second engine 6 quarts, no show dip stick but the oil pressure gauge shows normal.

Now I don't know if I should add 7?

Help guys.

·
Red Trucker
2,137 Posts
That's why we can't have nice things...all it does is sit in the glovebox lol.
Anyhoo, as per the factory service manual:
ENGINE OIL WITH FILTER
4.7L - 5.6 L (6.0 qts.)

·
Registered
406 Posts
You'll have to search but I have read some 4.7 dipsticks weren't seating correctly and showing low when it wasn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts