DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the regular front leveling kit for a dodge 4x4 will not work on the Rams with the Off-Road Pkg. If this is true,where can I get one for an Off-Road?

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Problem with leveling an offroad is your adding 2" to it and it is already 2" taller than a stock 1500. Dodge did not do any steering mods or trac bar mods with the offroad model. So when you add the leveling kit, you basically have a 4" suspension lift on stock steering, trac bar, control arms. I regular leveling kit will bolt up, but it will pull your axle back and to the left a good bit

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
You can level it, but the axle will be pulled back a good bit and to the left. Wont hurt to drive it like that on the street, but if you wheel it, the wheel may hit the rear front fender. Also it looks a litte goofy with the axle pulled back. Im sure it adds a little stress to the trac bar. Only way to fix it is add pretty much everything for a 5" lift.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a '01 offroad with the 2'' leveling spacers. I bought it with the spacers already, if it weren't already installed i would have waited to buy a regular lift, like v10sport said it'll work but a more sound set-up would be a 4" or 5" suspension lift that will give you longer arms, steering arm, bushings and stuff. It's up to you though, my truck handles good on the streets and highways, it doesn't look goofy and the tires don't touch the fenders when I wheel. But i'm sure if I were to stick with the leveling kit set-up eventually i'm sure i'll run into some sloppy steering issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm runnin' the stock 17'' rims with procomp mud terrains 33/12.50. With 33's I still have some room for bigger tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.