DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good deal on a camper shell, but it is bright red and my truck is Dark blue. Now the shell wouldn't be used full time, only thrown on when camping etc. but at the same time i don't want a red camper on a blue truck. How stupid would it look to plastidip it black or how expensive would it be to have it color matched?

·
Rookie
708 Posts
I will say when I see people driving around with white camper tops on like forest green, red and blue trucks it makes me think they don't care about their vehicle too much. Plasti dip it or hell even just spray paint it if it's only for camping

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Paint a white stripe across the bottom (or even use white PD), and you'll have a patriotic red, white, and blue theme for camping. :gr_patrio

Otherwise, a little work with spray paint would be sufficient for camping. Having it professionally repainted (the right way) would cost several hundred dollars.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Around here it would probably be more than $500 to paint it.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
It could well be $300-700 to paint that believe it or not.

If that is ok for your budget, then that would be the best way to go.

If you plasti-dipped it, it would be good too. Just make sure you do it thick so it lasts and it's easy to take off. When, or if you decided to sell it down the road, the plast-dip will have protected the finish.

But yeah Red on the blue is going to be yuck! :)

If you were closer to me, I'd get you a hell of a deal on matching.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You would fit well here in Kentucky. To properly paint it the right way. About $650-$700.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I was quoted $700 and that's when I finally found a shop that was even willing to do it. I ended up holding out and not buying that cap which was white. After that I just constantly checked all the Craigslists in a 300 mile radius (Searchtempest.com) and finally found a color matched cap I could be happy with. Let me tell you, Timberline Green ain't easy to find......

Worst part was that my truck came with a color matched cap but it was a real tall Grandpa cap and I just didn't like it. I ended up selling it to a member here from Ohio. Now I have a Leer MX cap which starts out cab high and gets a little taller in the back. Looks much better...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.