DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i need some help please! I'm about to buy a set of oem mopar side steps from a member on here and i just found out that i guess he's missing those "oval metal pieces that have threads on them that are for the pinch weld holes". Does anyone know where i can get something like that or what i could use instead? I have no clue how these mount i'm just repeating what he told me? Any help would be much appreciated, suppose to pick these up on sunday! Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I think I can help you. I am attaching a picture. I think what you need is #2 for your particular design, whether it uses 2 brackets on each side, or 3. According to dodgeparts.com the 2 bracket kit costs $11.94 and the 3 bracket kit costs $25.26

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man tha'ts great! Let me ask you though, basically he has the brackets and the tubes obviously so i would just need the hardware kit? Its also a wheel to wheel step so i assume its the three bracket design?? I just never installed steps before and want to make sure you know! Here is a picture of the steps! Also can they be ordered from there? Thanks man

Attachments

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yeah I would guess yours is the 3 bracket design, you just need the hardware kit. I think Henson is still a sponsor here, they should be able to get you a quote with a decent discount. The only reason I have this photo is because I asked Art @ Henson a few years ago about it because I have 1 plate that is stripped so I was gonna order a new set and never did.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I think I can help you. I am attaching a picture. I think what you need is #2 for your particular design, whether it uses 2 brackets on each side, or 3. According to dodgeparts.com the 2 bracket kit costs $11.94 and the 3 bracket kit costs $25.26
OHHHHH the lovely StarParts, Dont you just love it? Use it everyday, funny how their new release was a DISATER! :eek:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I would guess yours is the 3 bracket design, you just need the hardware kit. I think Henson is still a sponsor here, they should be able to get you a quote with a decent discount. The only reason I have this photo is because I asked Art @ Henson a few years ago about it because I have 1 plate that is stripped so I was gonna order a new set and never did.
Alright cool, can't seem to get on Henson's website. Also read some stuff about not being able to get these parts separate but i guess i'll have to ask around. Nothing comes up on dodgeparts either, oh well. Anyways thanks for the help man!!!

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
^ You CAN 100% get these seperate. Trust me I've sold them a few times before. Back on the older 3rd gens they didnt offer replacements parts like they do now for the side steps, even for the older 3rd gens. You can even buy the brackets by themselves now, which you couldnt back then. :rck:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ You CAN 100% get these seperate. Trust me I've sold them a few times before. Back on the older 3rd gens they didnt offer replacements parts like they do now for the side steps, even for the older 3rd gens. You can even buy the brackets by themselves now, which you couldnt back then. :rck:
Ok i'm going to get my oil changed in the morning anyways i guess i'll ask them at the dealer! Thanks again!! :)

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Ok i'm going to get my oil changed in the morning anyways i guess i'll ask them at the dealer! Thanks again!! :)
Just clarify to them what you need and let them know me a friend from another dealer says you can buy them seperate. I have had a few buddies tell me another dealer said no they could not get them because they were thinking about the older 3rd gens. Times have changed and now you can. :)

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Is starparts something us normal people can get? This photo is something art from Henson sent to me
lol, nonono :nono Starparts is a Very expensive program and you have to be a dealer to have it. I have it and unlimited access to it because I work for one. lol Legally that Henson guy shound not be printscreening it to show the world but to each his own.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did actually! Those part #'s were good and i ordered them from the dealer!!! Thank you, much appreciated!!!!

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
I hate StarParts. I'm so glad that we switched over to the Snap-On PAIS 4 Catalog. What dealership do you work for if you don't mind me asking. I work for All Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Alexandria, La.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.