DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has 48,000 and is due for a brake job. Want quality components that will perform well and last. I'm inclined to go with the OEM stuff based on the amount of service I got from the first set, but thought I would ask if anyone has better experience with one of the aftermarket pad/shoe manufactures. I've heard some good things about some of the ceramic pads but don't have any personal experience with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,449 Posts
I put performance friction pads my 87 ram about 60,000 miles ago and they do a fine job and still have plenty of lining left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I work for the city and we use Wagner Thermo Quiet or Raybestos Quiet Stop. I put the Wagner's on my truck. Both these pads are ceramic. These pads stop better than stock, get good miles of service, and are not expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Wagner Thermo-Quiets are listed as a semi-metallic pad on most of the websites, is that incorrect?
I can't find a Raybestos Quiet Stop listing for my truck, anybody got a p/n?
Also looking for a Bendix CT3 pad p/n as they are ceramic also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Sorry dude Raybestos doesn't have a Quiet Stop listing for your truck but they have the high performance pad available(stupid). The Wagner pads are a blended pad. No matter these pads are quiet and last. Bendix CT3 pad I have know idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Any recommendations on OE/Aftermarket rotors?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
RamIT!,
I don't know about your truck, but my 95 dakota sport cost me ~$400 for oem routers and pads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I have Stainless steel brakes slotted rotors. Just look over at summit or jegs. Don't buy the cross drilled rotors, had a problem with these on my mustang they would crack inbetween the holes. Power slot, Auto specialty these are all good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I just put a set of Powerslot rotors on my Ram. I added a set of the Hawk brake pads as well. The rotors look damn good in my opinion. I've had them on for about a month now and haven't had a problem yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ares177 said:
I just put a set of Powerslot rotors on my Ram. I added a set of the Hawk brake pads as well. The rotors look damn good in my opinion. I've had them on for about a month now and haven't had a problem yet.
-
Where did you buy your rotors? I found the Hawk pads on a couple of websites for about $57.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
LCAC_Man,
I bought the rotors and pads from truckperformance.com. I just checked the website and they have the rotors for your truck in stock. Looks like they're gonna be about $97 a piece. They also have the Hawk pads for $56 or some heavier duty pads for $64. Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ares177 said:
LCAC_Man,
I bought the rotors and pads from truckperformance.com. I just checked the website and they have the rotors for your truck in stock. Looks like they're gonna be about $97 a piece. They also have the Hawk pads for $56 or some heavier duty pads for $64. Hope this helps.
-
Looks like they've got about the best price on those parts, do the pads come with molded shims or is a seperate shim kit needed?
My last truck was an IHC Scout and you had to disassemble the entire hub to get the rotors off, are these the same or are they slip on's? Haven't even had the tires off this truck yet (only owned two weeks).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has used tried Inroble rotors & brake pads before? www.inroble.com
I priced out a set of front rotors for my 2001 2500 ram for about $50.00 CDN ea. They only have front rotors for my truck right now and rear rotors are being made in plant aprox. 1-2 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
LCAC_Man The rotors on a 4x4 are called Hubless or Plate rotors. Easy job to change the brakes. Beware those Hawk pads squeak alot of times. I believe they are a Carbon metalic pad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
LCAC, The rotors came off really easy and the new ones went on real easy too. I didn't have any problems changing the rotors and pads myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I'm gonna go with the powerslot rotors and Wagner Thermoquiet pads. Haven't found a site that carries them both so I'll probably get the rotors from truckperformance and the pads from global4parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
LCAC_Man said:
My truck has 48,000 and is due for a brake job. Want quality components that will perform well and last. I'm inclined to go with the OEM stuff based on the amount of service I got from the first set, but thought I would ask if anyone has better experience with one of the aftermarket pad/shoe manufactures. I've heard some good things about some of the ceramic pads but don't have any personal experience with them.
I put carbon metallic pads on mine, no more ugly black front wheels from brake dust, and they stop so much better. You can also get ceramic pads too. Both of these type are better than OEM. I got mine from Autozone.
 

·
Older, but no wiser.
Joined
·
989 Posts
STAY AWAY from NAPA lifetimes! ARRRRRGH! they do nothing but squeal! If a friend hadn't been the manager I would have pulled them off and thrown them through the window... Chris
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top