DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from getting the OEM 17's I bought off of Ebay and so far I like. I reset my mpg computer on the 82 mile drive up and got 18.2 mpg, then reset in on the way back and got 19.6 mpg. That was driving with the A/C on both directions and a nasty crosswind for about 40 miles both ways, everything was the same. I hope the mpg goes up some around town also! The ride seems better, less bouncey and choppy. The rpm at 70 mph with the 20's was 1900, with the 17's it's 2000. Truck seems to have a little more pep with the 17's, less gas to get it going. While I do think the 20's have a better look, I like everything else about the 17's better, more pep, better mpg and better ride. Here's two pics, one with the 20's and the other with the 17's I just got.
Jim

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't see how the RPM has changed at 70. Are they the same size? If not the speedo would be off and you would think you are doing 70 when you were not.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Glad to hear the swap is working out for you. I have an 05 QC with 17's, but have been looking to trade up in diameter (for looks of course.) Good feedback info on knowing what to expect if I do indeed get the 20's. I'm in San Diego, and ironically I thought I'd find a trade for some 20's with all the lifted trucks I see, but no luck yet..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Josh Brown said:
I don't see how the RPM has changed at 70. Are they the same size? If not the speedo would be off and you would think you are doing 70 when you were not.
Yes, the 265/70R17's are 1.4" shorter than the 275/60R20's I took off, my speedo is off by 4.2%. The higher rpm is due to the smaller tire has effectivly change my 3.92's gears to 4.09's, I can tell I've got a little more pep off the line now.
Jim

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Oh you are a man with good taste in wheels

( That's the ones I have ) :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.